This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Movies To Skip

I would like to start this off by thanking Jane for the Hot Fuzz movie suggestion. This film was just released on DVD and Netflix decided to send it to me the day it was released. So the DVD should be all nice and new and stuff. They will not send me 300 because I watch too many movies. The two movies I sent back were "Zodiac" and "Gangs Of New York". I can not remember if I reviewed them so here it goes!

Zodiac was kind of boring. It was just the story of the time the Zodiac murders were taking place. They never busted the creep (which in itself is creepy) but the film suggests that they had a pretty good idea of who it was. They could just never get enough evidence to pin it on the guy. Anyway, 2 tail whips. It was just not a very good movie.

Gangs Of New York. The set is great. Really great. They did a very good job recreating the five points area of 1860's New York City. The costumes were also good. LOTS of top hats. But it seems that is what folks were wearing back then. I kind of want a top hat. And a monocle. Can you still buy a monocle?

Anyway, they spent so much time with costumes and set design that they forgot to make a movie. The plot is LAME! Lame to the second power. Just another typical, predictable, revenge story. You know, as in "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die". Except not as funny. A set and costumes, no matter how well they are designed and how authentic they look, can not carry a movie all by themselves. This is the problem for Gangs Of New York. It was like the characters were just walking and talking. The actors all forgot to show up for work.

2 tail whips. Skip this movie unless you want an example of terrible writing but good set design. I want the three hours of my life back.

Anyhow, if you have a Netflix suggestion send it in.

Oh yea - remember those things I was talking about doing? Well I managed to not do any of it. First I did not wake up early enough. So of course I had to wait for it to cool off! And then it rained. Can't do stuff when it is raining! And then I went to Titanic for lunch. And that was pretty much it. They have a guest beer on tap called "Hazed and Infused". It is pretty good stuff. It is like the Titanic IPA with just a little less hops bitterness to it. Very drinkable and not too heavy for a hot summer day. The stuff goes very well with a club sandwich.

Anyway, I am going to try to do the stuff again today. The tool box needs to be cleaned out, the bed rug needs to be removed (this requires tool box removal), the clear coat could use some polish, and the truck needs to be waxed so that I do not start to get rust spots in the places where the paint is chipped because of shit that hits it when I drive.

I just need to get motivated. And that is hard to do.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Terrible writing but good set design. That was my opinion of the first Batman movie. I've liked other things that Tim Burton did, but I really wasn't impressed with his Batman. I always enjoy watching Jack Nicholson too so that was a bonus. I thought that Michael Keaton was miscast. He's a good actor, but not for a part like Batman. Just my opinion. Don't nobody come kill me now!

01:44  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I almost forgot--this is hilarious. I fell asleep this afternoon and had this dream. You and your boat were in it, and there was sunken treasure and some criminals who wanted to get to the treasure first. We were going to get into the speed boat that you were towing behind your boat, and try to get to the treasure before the criminals, and I was supposed to radio the Coast Guard. Now we know this is a dream because I get seasick just looking at boats. Also in real life, I would have dropped the walkie talkie I was using to contact the coast guard into the water because I am a clod! Still, there's some potential for a cheesy action flick here.

01:55  
Blogger Jenn said...

I must be lame, I just dream about being nekkid at the grocery. What's up with that?

02:32  
Blogger Jane said...

Hope you enjoy Hot Fuzz we bought it recently and enjoyed it very much on the small screen too.

08:13  
Blogger TLP said...

Rabbit rabbit.

Put "don't do any work" on your to-do list. Then don't do any work and you're all set. Finished your list.

Didn't see either of those movies, and proud of it.

You've got the Cheesemeister dreamin' about you! Take a bow!

09:14  
Blogger Daisy said...

Oh darn it, Zodiac is on our Netflix list. I might have to move it farther down in the queue. We just saw Salton Sea. I think you would like that one.

11:21  
Blogger Lila said...

Rabbit, rabbit! I keep meaning to rent Gangs of NY, actually. I've heard lots of good stuff about it.

19:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

Never heard of any of those movies. I try to go to only comedies.

Do you have a guy for Doozie? She needs a good spankin.

21:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

krok has my back, I hope you can help me!

ummm....I'll have to check out hot fuzz. another good movie if you haven't seen is Slingblade starring billybob thornton. he does a great job in that movie. I had to write a paper on that movie for my abnormal psych class, and diagnose him, which I did and I nailed it

22:41  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - I like Tim Burton's stuff too. Just wondering here - but if I have a speed boat why am I towing it behind something else? Anyhow there have been worse movie plots.

Emma - You mean I am not supposed to so to the supermarket naked?

Actionbell - it was rather violent. And the sets were amazing. But the movie itself was rather dull.

Jane - excellent movie suggestion! Possibly the best cop movie ever.

TLP - EXCELLENT IDEA! Ill just start every list of things to do off with "nothing" and Ill get it done every time. I like that.

Daisy - I did not think Zodiac was that great. Maybe you will like it better? Who knows.

AP Cubed - It would be interesting to get your take on Gangs.

Krok - You should rent Hot Fuzz.

Doozie - you should just come to South FL. Hang out at one of the hot spots in Coral Gables and you can probably find a good spanking. Or not. It all depends on what you are into.

02:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home