This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Getting Culture....Bacteria Culture

So I have decided to make my own yogurt. And to do that I need bacteria! So I have to start my own bacteria culture.

So what I have done is add a bunch of classical music selections to the Iguana Music. I got some dead Russian composers ( Modest Mussorgsky, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky), some Beethoven, some Mozart, and whoever wrote O Fortuna - also known as "that song from the movie Excalibur". By the way, the composer is Carl Orff - but almost nobody knows that. It is forever known as "that song from the movie Excalibur".

I may end up replacing a large amount of the Iguana Music with stuff that will get you in touch with come culture. Or better yet - I may make up a whole other play list!

The problem is that Project Play List does not have complete symphonies. They are broken down into movements and stuff. Some movements are not there. Take Beethoven's 9th symphony. The first movement is there, as is the Ode To Joy - but the second movement? Nowhere to be found. How about that? How can I have the 9th symphony without the second movement? Can't be done. So I may have to get creative here.

Also some pieces are cut off. Take Mussorgsky's "A Night On Bald Mountain". Is all 7 minutes of the work there? No. Only the first three or four minutes. But you have to deal with it - for it is all I can find.

I may have to bust out with my massive and legendary CD collection and make me own MP3 files. Complete works. Then I can put some really good stuff up. But that would technically be illegal - so I do not know. I do not want to get sued. The guy who made the music is dead - so the copyright is expired. But the orchestra who preforms the work may still hold some manner of copyright. How about them apples.

But there is hope! Namely it would be hard to identify the orchestra. So if the link is "Beethoven's 9th Symphony" how would you know what recording it is? I would not. They all basically sound the same.

And now - you can take the DEAD RUSSIAN COMPOSER PERSONALITY TEST!

I am this guy.

If I were a Dead Russian Composer, I would be Modest Mussorgsky.

I am a Romantic period psycho who's drunk more often than not. I died of this affliction, not surprisingly. My famous works include "Night on Bald Mountain" and "Pictures at an Exhibition."

Who would you be? Dead Russian Composer Personality Test


By the way, if you want to be this guy too just select "vodka" as the answer to every question.

Someone has to tell me how to make a cool drop down box that has all my post tags, and how often each tag is used. That would be cool.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMFG...you are such a trip Lazy. You never cease to amaze me.

02:43  
Blogger Lila said...

Oh, come on... how much could you be into vodka when you make yogart instead of beer?

My result:

You are Dmitri Shostakovich!
Congratulations! You are a shy, nervous, unassuming, fidgety, and stuttery little person who began composing the same year you started music lessons of any sort. You wrote the first of your fifteen symphonies at age 18, and your second opera, "Lady Macbeth of the Mtsensk District," when you were only 26. Unfortunately, Stalin hated the opera, and put you on the Enemy Of The People List for life. You nevertheless kept composing the works you wanted to write in private; some of your vocal cycles and 15 string quartets mock the Soviet System in notes. And you somehow were NOT killed in the process! And Harry Potter(c) stole your glasses and broke them!

18:57  
Blogger Blank said...

"You are Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.

Considered the leader of the 19th Century Composer group "The Mighty Handful," you are indeed the teacher among them. Your orchestration skills are superbly colorful, and are explained in your book on the topic, but works like 'Scheherezade' explain your mastery better."

Zzzzzzz

Well, I knew that about Carl Orff. ("...hateful life, first oppresses, then soothes...." sigh)

19:06  
Blogger Blank said...

The Brewmaster is making beer in my basement. I'm drinking the ale right now. Good stuff.

19:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow..from bacteria to music in one fell swoop/word.

So were you just yanking my chain about having a copy of word for mac? I've been outside everyday waiting by the mailbox and nothing ever comes....I am sad

22:41  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - I only amazed myself once. Funny how that works.

AP3 - I am not really making yogurt. Its just that when I think of "culture" I think of bacteria. But how could I bring up "bacteria culture"?? Why, claim to be making yogurt!

Scarlet - Ah yes, Rimsky-Korsakov. That guy. Ill add some of his stuff to my Iguana Music list that I am building in secret. I used to make my own beer. But I lack a basement. It was good stuff. I need to take that back up again.

Actionbell - I am not really making yogurt. I think it is easier to just buy the stuff. I figured that there was a reason for "vodka" to be an answer to everything and wanted to see what would happen if I picked that the answer. Now I know.

22:43  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Doozie - I am still working on that. It is difficult.

22:44  
Blogger Jenn said...

lazy,
I knew that about Carl Orff. I love that piece of music. Very strong and commanding. It's also on the Incredibles Movie Soundtrack.

The best way to get good yogurt culture is buy your favorite store yogurt and use it as a starter batch. I love organic yogurt, like Nancy's Yogurt....or you can start some with kefir, too. Kefir has more good bacteria than standard yogurt does.

PS.
I sent you mail on the drop down menu, did you get it?

00:49  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yes, I got the mail. But I can not decipher the code.

01:22  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Kristen - glad someone else likes Blotto.

23:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home