This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ideal Gas Law

PV=nRT. This is the ideal gas law. What is says is that pressure x volume = the number of particles x the ideal gas constant x temperature.

Or more simply, pressure, volume, and temperature are all linked. Lower the pressure of a gas but hold the volume constant and the temperature will drop. Raise the pressure and the temperature will increase. Lower the volume and the pressure has to go up. Add more gas and the pressure and/or volume has to increase.

Fairly straight forward. Nothing too complicated. Well at least nothing too complicated compared to all the other crap you have to learn in chemistry class.

Anyway my temperature is a lot lower now, because pressure suddenly dropped. This is what I am getting at. Sort of. Things were offered. Things were accepted. The world continues to rotate. The sun will rise in the morning. School buses will be on the roads. And so on.

But it is really nice to have the lower pressure. And less stress. Things are good again. No more moving sideways. I feel like having a beer. I went out and got myself some celebratory Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I really like that stuff. One of these days I will go to 1075 East 20th Street, Chico Califirnia, 95928. This is just north of Sacramento.

This is what the bottle looks like. If you like beer, do yourself a favor. Look for this stuff. Trust me here.

I will miss my night shift lifestyle. But I will get over it quickly.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

You are more resilient than I. I can't work day shifs. My biological clock is so screwed up and my lovely mental illness causes me to become clinically depressed when I try to work those kinds of hours.
It's weird when I feel like having a beer at 6 AM. As I rarely drink the feeling usually passes. Which is probably a good thing, given the amount of alcoholism in my family.

06:56  
Blogger Ed said...

That's a part of my engineering college days that I had completely forgotten about. Now I hope to quickly forget it again.

09:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will look for the pale ale and get back to you...I expected to read something over here about a new job? as for a veggie diet..no thanks...have you pooped yourself into oblivion yet?

10:52  
Blogger Jenn said...

lazy,
I just read at doozers that you got the job? I SO knew you would get it. Good for you!!!!

12:55  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Well when you do come to Northern California to visit this place, be sure and come on over to San Francisco and take me to dinner!

15:39  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Got some of that in the Fridge. Is good.

21:17  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - It is not really that big of a deal. For what I will give up, I will gain a lot more.

Ed - The Ideal Gas Law (aka The Combined Gas Law) is not so bad. It was an easy concept to get past. And then forget.

Doozie - I have not pooped myself into never never land yet. I did notice a change. And I also think my farts stink less. More research is called for.

Emma - I got the job. It was a very long process. But it is all over with now. I accepted the offer and I am excited about the prospects that have opened up.

Teri - I am afraid of earthquakes. With my luck, a big one will hit while I am there and I will soil myself.

Fuzz - It is good. And people say American beer sucks. They do not know what they are talking about. Sierra Nevada can hold its own against any other pale ale in the world.

23:50  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Lazy..I have missed stopping by your blog. Been in San Diego for week and a half..mostly without internet access.

That beer is good and I am not a huge fan of beer. Its quite popular in Sunny San Diego too. Some places have it on tap.

02:29  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on the new job..will it change your blogging habits my dear friend?

02:30  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - if you were near Sacramento you could have gone to the Sierra Nevada Brewery!

The new job will have minimal impact on my blog posting.

01:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home