This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Healthy Living Part XXVII

Yup - it is that time again! Time I think to myself "I wonder how long I can go on a healthy living kick". This is always a fun time. How long can I do it? Who knows. Last time I tried this I cut down on my soda intake by a large factor.

So this time the challenge is how long can I go with a primarily vegetable based diet? So far it has been 5 or 6 days. Now I have not had a pure vegetable based diet for all these days. There was a little animal based protein here and there. Just not a lot.

Really this is working out pretty good. Or at least not bad. Tonight I made myself some fried rice. I whipped up some brown whole grain rice. While the rice was cooking, I put some collard greens from a can on another burner. I really like spinach better - but the greens were not horrible.

Anyway I also busted out with a large frying pan and put some wok oil and sesame oil (for flavor) in it. Then I threw in a bunch of stuff - water chestnuts (I love those things for some reason), bamboo shoots, hearts of palm, a yellow squash, mushrooms, green beans, and diced onions - into the frying pan. About 5 or 10 minutes before the rice was going to be done I kicked on the heat.

Now after all the crap in the frying pan is sizzling up nice for 5 or 10 minutes, just add the rice, some teriyaki sauce, a little soy sauce - and what the hell, sake if you have any. I did not. But it would be good. Maybe next time I will cook the rice in a sake / water mixture? That could be interesting. Ill have to think about that.

Anyway once the rice is dumped in you just push it around the frying pan with a spatula or whatever you have handy. Mix it all up really good. It only takes a few minutes to "fry" the rice.

And that is it. I have to say the concoction came out pretty good. I surprised myself. It needs a bit of tweaking I think. Ill figure out some slight improvements.

Total prep time is about 45 minutes - but most of that time is involved with the rice. That shit takes a long time to cook. If you cut out the time cooking the rice (pretty much doing nothing) then you are actually only looking at 10 or 12 minutes of actually doing something. So really this is super easy to whip up.

But how long can I keep this up? Who knows. Maybe a while. Maybe I will get tired of it sooner. Nobody knows.

If I come up with any more concoctions that are actually good Ill pass em along here.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I bought a rice cooker long ago. You just throw the rice and water in, push down on the button and come back in 20 minutes to cooked rice. Of course, we go through a 50 lb bag of rice about every eight to nine months in our household.

07:22  
Blogger Daisy said...

My Mommie is a vegetarian. I do not understand this, because I love to eat meats. But she too says the rice cooker is a great invention.

ps: I am writing the name "Ibis" down in my bird notebook.

12:12  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

My Sweetie cooks our rice in a pressure cooker, and usually mixes in other grains. It works quite well, and we haven't blown one up yet.
We aren't eating so much meat these days, sort of a macro type diet.

16:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey whitey biotch! You gots somethin' ya wants ta address me about? Be uh da whitey biotch dat ya iz an' do so, BOLDLY. Don't jive about me amongst ya an' yo' racial ranting buddies. Come ta me. Address me! Got it?
what the fuck sup now?

This isn't what I was trying to copy, sorry.

21:13  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Actionbell - Of course not. Beer is part of healthy living. At least for me it is.

Ed - the thing works great. I bought one and used it today. I am amazed. Truly an appliance that is worth having.

Daisy - I really do not know how long this will continue. But so far it is working out OK. I think I could keep it up for as long as I want to really.

Fuzz - I have a pressure cooker around here. It is kind of scary. It could make some good stuff though.

Krok - aint nobody understand what coming out of yo mouf.

21:56  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Tom had the same complaint about Zack Crackajack that you had about Krok. I think Zack Crackajack may be back in the pen, yo.
Anyway, I usually don't last too long on any of my healthy living kicks. Fortunately I really can't drink soda. If I could I'd probably weigh 500 pounds by now, because anything with sugar in it likes to find it's way into my mouth.

06:59  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just keep that g-d tofu away from me. I hate that shit.

02:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home