This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, October 12, 2007

New Schedule

So you may have noticed that more and more posts are happening when the sun is up!

I have no idea why this is. Just time for a change, that is all. Changes be blowin in the wind. Or is it answers? Well my friends, something is blowing in the wind. Something is blowing in the wind.

Mostly dust. But that is a whole other song. We are not talking about Kansas today.

In other news, like 10 years ago I found a coconut laying on the ground. It was sprouting a green shoot, and a root. But it was not attached to the ground yet. So I picked it up, took it home, and placed it in the yard.

It grew. SLOWLY. And now, FINALLY, after all this time and all the care I gave to the tree, there are little baby coconuts growing on it. I am my own coconut farmer now. No more buying coconuts at the store for me! I grow my own! Organic man.

By the way, I gave no special care to the thing. I just put a coconut in the yard and watered it. That is it. See, coconuts grow here naturally, so you do not have to do anything to get them to grow. Just plant and forget. You do not even have to dig a hole! Coconut trees are perfect for lazy farmers who do not mind waiting a very long time for a small harvest.

I want to plant banana trees next. They are not native to Florida, but they grow here OK. It sometimes gets too cold in the winter, but for the most part they do OK here. Not great - there will never be any commercial banana plantations here, but for backyard farmers bananas are a possibility. I like bananas. So I may plant some of those.

Then I can make coconut / banana creme pie. Or some wicked Pina Colodas.

I may also look into what else I can grow here. Or attempt to grow here. I do not want to put much effort into the project. What I need are things I can just plant and forget about - then harvest stuff later. I do not want to have to spray, fertilize, or water.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Cool to have a coconut tree. My son saw them open them on their tropical visit with a little stone.
Some people have banana trees here, but the summer is too short to get any bananas.

15:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

urban farming? okkkkkkkkkkkkkkdokayyyyyyyyyyyysmokayyyyyyyyyy





i got nothin

18:57  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I love coconuts and like bananas. My son would murder me if I ever adulterated a coconut cream pie with bananas. He loathes bananas.
Want to know what's gross? Those new banana Reese's peanut butter cups. BLAAAAHHHH!!!! Two things that are good on their own but never should have met.

03:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home