This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Stuff I Forgot About

I forgot to mention something about the boat adventure.

The boat ramp fee is $10 per day. But I forgot to pay. It was late when I launched, and I was trying to beat some weather. So I just launched the boat and then parked the trailer. And I forgot to pay. OOPS! I remembered I forgot to pay after I was already at anchor.

And I did not get a parking ticket. HA! So here is what I decided. The ramp fee is $10. A parking ticket is $15. So why not gamble a little? If I get a ticket 50% of the time, I am still saving money. The use of the ramp twice would be $20. If I do not pay the fee and only get a ticket 50% of the time, then I would have to pay $15 - a net savings of $5!

I was only tied up with one other boat. Other people were supposed to be there - but nobody showed up. Oh well. It is kind of hard to find people with that many boats out there. My open boat scared people I know away. I had invited someone out for the weekend, but the lack of a flushing toilet and proper shower facilities was the deal breaker for her. I can kind of understand that. Camping on an open boat for 2 nights is not exactly the best thing. I could hack it because I just can. But a cuddy cabin boat is a much nicer weekender boat than my open boat. The enclosure will help with this a little. I even thought up a way to build a sleeping platform in the front of the boat out of plastic plywood. Whatever I construct will have to be stowable when not in use.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Luckily you didn't park in Denver. They would have booted you.
Of course it would be pretty stupid to park in Denver to sail a boat in Florida.

06:40  
Blogger Jenn said...

haha, Cheesemeister...

I take it you didn't hear back from the powers that be? I don't want to be the 300th person to ask but they are *crazy* not to hire you, me thinks.

12:26  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

It does seem like it would be a good thing to be able to sleep out of the rain.
This would greatly increase your boating options.

16:34  
Blogger M@ said...

At least you didn't use the handicapped dock. That'd be a $500 fine right there.

20:07  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - sailing is for people with too much time on their hands. I have 135 horse power. Not a whole lot, but enough. I usually remember to pay the ramp fee.

Emma - I would comment on your comment but I have no idea what you said.

Fuzz - I need the full enclosure. I plan to devise some kind of sleeping platform. And maybe a masthead and stern light. OH YEA and a generator and AC! With reverse cycle in case it gets cold.

m@ - good point. I would never use the handicapped boat ramp. I got respect.

01:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home