This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blog Readability Ego

I was at this blog and I noticed a thing on a sidebar that proclaimed that the blogs reading level was "genius". Oh really? Genius huh? So I wanted to know what my blog readability rating was. By the way, some blogs are not at a "genius" level anymore, they may have slipped down to "High School Level".
cash advance

What the hell? Elementary level? What the crap do I have to do here? Talk about natural law or something? OK!

The term "natural law" is ambiguous. It refers to a type of moral theory, as well as to a type of legal theory, but the core claims of the two kinds of theory are logically independent. It does not refer to the laws of nature, the laws that science aims to describe. According to natural law ethical theory, the moral standards that govern human behavior are, in some sense, objectively derived from the nature of human beings. According to natural law legal theory, the authority of at least some legal standards necessarily derives, at least in part, from considerations having to do with the moral merit of those standards. There are a number of different kinds of natural law theories of law, differing from each other with respect to the role that morality plays in determining the authority of legal norms.


There. That ought to raise my readability by a few points. And just in case this is not enough, how about a little Neo-Confucianism"?

"Neo-Confucianism" is the name commonly applied to the revival of the various strands of Confucian philosophy and political culture that began in the middle of the 9th Century and reached new levels of intellectual and social creativity in the 11th Century in the Northern Song Dynasty. The first phase of the revival of the Confucian tradition was completed by the great philosopher Zhu Xi (1130-1200) and became the benchmark for all future Confucian intellectual discourse and social theory. Especially after the Song, the Neo-Confucian movement included speculative philosophers, painters, poets, doctors, social ethicists, political theorists, historians, local reformers and government civil servants. By the 14th Century Zhu's version of Confucian thought, known as daoxue or the teaching of the way or lixue or the teaching of principle, became the standard curriculum for the imperial civil service examination system. The Neo-Confucian dominance of the civil service continued until the whole system was abolished in 1905.

Wow! I wish the civil service exams here were based on Neo-Confucianism! And what the hell - extend that to people running for office as well. Don't know Confucius from your ass? TOO BAD! Can't run for office. This would probably keep a few idiots from ever being elected. At least we would hope so. Test scores would be available to the public, so at least we would know just what the goober potential of the candidate is. As if we could not figure that one out just by listening to the debates. But that is another issue.

But then I got to thinking. Perhaps this is a good thing. I like to be concise. Say what you have to using the least amount of words. And because I am not this asshole, I do not find it necessary to use big words just for the sake of using big words. Really. This guy's act has boiled down to using a lot of big fancy words. That is all. And his fans think he is funny because they are also idiots and think that by laughing at his jokes other people will think they are smart and that they understand the meaning of the big fancy words. But his act has transcended comedy and seems to have ventured to the realm of right wing talk radio. This is good - because the guy has not been funny in decades. So now he can use all the big fancy words he wants, and his audience can continue to listen to him and think that this alone makes them sophisticated. Yea. As sophisticated as the slime that sticks to the bottom of a bucket of pig slop.

Now there is another thing that could be causing my elementary school reading level rating for my blog. The subject matter! Lets look at this week. Subjects included man DNA / why I feel the need to "improve" the 12 gallon aquarium I just got even though there is a good possibility my "improvements" will not really improve anything, why not eating anything for 24 hours BEFORE going out drinking and still not eating is a bad idea (DUH!!), someone else's cat using the litter box (major brain power required there), and my crazy fruitcake theory.

Not really "heavy" subjects here. And now that I look at them all summarized like this - not very consistent either. From one day to the next topics can (and often do) vary greatly.

I am about as consistent as what I just produced about 45 minutes ago. See I had some abdominal cramps so I went to the bathroom (quickly) and say down and.......well lets just say the cramps are gone. Lets not discuss what had to happen to get rid of the cramps. But whatever it was that happened, it was not very solid. It had the consistency of a milkshake that was 1/2 melted, with gobs of cookie dough here and there.

And this is why my blog has an elementary school reading level.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy mother....

after battling through that 'genius' speak, i feel my own stomach (gastrointestinal tract) cramps coming on.

15:42  
Blogger Jenn said...

I was thinking who else rates as genius and I checked mine. WT...?! I think that is weird. I tried it twice and that's what it said...high school. I swear it changes with your posts.

As for genius level, my old URL that has NO POSTS still shows genius level.

fueledbycoffee.blogspot.com

Isn't that retarded? or should I say elementary?

My vocabulary changes when I watch something from the BBC...right now? Jeeves and Wooster. smashing fun

01:19  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Laughing dude - you never know what the topic of the day will be here. My brain is all over the place.

Emma - Krok's blog also rates "genius level". I think that the rating thing is rigged. Or broken.

02:39  
Blogger Avery Gray said...

I checked mine once, and it said "College". Checked it the next day, it was "High School". I think it depends on your current post, so I'm not sure I want to check it today.

17:59  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

All right, I have to do it. I'm sure all my blogs will be at Short Bus level.

02:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home