This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Computer Funkiness Part 2

I suspect the issue is in fact a hardware issue. This sucks, as if the latest theory is correct then the computer is no longer reliable and could totally fail at any time.

Just my luck I suppose.

I have to back up my email. And I have to back up my MP3 collection. There are a few programs I have to backup.

The rest......well I guess that can just go away. I already have plans for computer burial at sea. Out of sight, out of mind! And nobody will be able to find the laptop and get personal data off the hard drive (that may still work even after the video fails) if said hard drive is under 1,000 feet of water.

Or I could just be like a normal person and remove the hard drive then dispose of the computer in a more traditional manner. I think there is some place that recycles the things?

ALWAYS remove the old hard drive from any computer you get rid of. Unless of course you are selling the computer, in which case you should format the hard drive and reinstall the original recovery disk.

But enough about all this. I will just have to form a plan, implement the plan, and think about the possibility of replacement. I may have to bring an older desktop computer back into service till I can afford to get another laptop. That sucks. I am not really thrilled about going back to Windows 98 or whatever the old desktop has on it. If it still works. It has been off for years. I forgot why I quit using it and upgraded to the first Sony laptop all those years ago. 8 or 9 years ago in fact. Probably because it was having some problem too.

Great. Perfect timing for this shit to happen by the way. I need this unstable thing to keep working for a few more days.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger M@ said...

When my ex split w/ me, she got the Mac and I got the PC.

Bitch.

17:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

I always buy the cheapest computer there is and wait for it to get a virus and then throw it out.

Where's the hot chick?

19:47  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

m@- Bummer

Can't you just use that spiffy phone ?

21:28  
Blogger Avery Gray said...

That sucks, dude. You should put up a donate button. I'd send you a few bucks toward a new laptop.

00:16  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's what happened to me a few months back. My old computer's processor started dying. I managed to save the essential stuff to CD's before it kicked the bucket. Then my ex husband was kind enough to do some things to get my even older computer (which is what I'm using now) working again. It has glitches and I'm looking forward to getting a new one. But what the hell--it works.

00:09  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lazy!

I use an online backup service called Mozy. It only costs 5 bucks a month and automatically backs up your entire system every night..or if you wish..every day..you pick the time.

After my last laptop blew up three friggin times and I literally lost hundreds of ITunes I had purchased I looked into an easy online backup system..Mozy is great and it will back up your entire HD or whatever files you want.

Check it out and lemme know if you use it. I am very lazy and refuse to make discs of my stuff..so that is why I use Mozy..I do nothing, their software does it all once a day/night.

Sorry I have been absent frm your blog dude..been sick and tired lately.

That is SOME blue background ya got ;p

17:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home