This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Back Home

It seems I survived the weekend adventure.

And what an adventure it was. Sailing is cool. Slow, but cool. The boat I was in has been all over the place. It has crossed the Atlantic Ocean a few times. Cruised around Africa. Cruised around Europe. Gone to the island Napoleon was exiled to. Gone to South America. And so on. It goes where it wants to go.

But in this case it did not really go anywhere. Just Key Largo.

Anyhow we got off to a slow start. We had to tack twice because we sort of fucked up the first tack.

But then it was all good. The boat remained on the second tack for almost the rest of the race. We were on the "high side" and passed many boats. So we made good time. The boat had a rating of 177 which meant it had 177 minutes taken off the time.

There were two critical areas. One was the Featherbeds. In this area the safe water channel is narrow. You have to use it, or else get stuck. Many boats had to tack to get through this channel. Not us.

After that there was one more narrow channel further south. Again - no tacking to get through this area.

It was a lot of fun. I like sailing.

Ill post more photos tomorrow. Right now I am pretty beat. Sailing is hard work.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun, I can totally see you getting into sailing.

Everytime I watch the tv show Dexter, when he is out on his boat I think of you and wonder if his boat looks like yours

13:15  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Featherbeds. Is that a bed of feather coral?

And speaking of feather beds, how did you sleep?

16:51  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Sounds great. Pix !

18:25  
Blogger Payout Polly said...

Ye went sailin' ye scurvy dog? I am jealous of ye! I am the Cheesemeister's virtual parrot. She dragged me up to the mountains. Now what kind of place of a parrot is the mountains? Unless there be gamblin'. I loves to gamble, I do!

23:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Doozie - I could get into sailing. You get really good fuel economy in a sailboat. What kind of boat is in Dexter? Chances are it is larger than mine.

Teri - The Featherbeds are a mud flat in Biscayne Bay. The water gets really shallow. It is in a National Park so if you run aground the rangers get pissed off and fine you. So you have to stick to the marked channels. I slept on the open deck. It worked out well.

Fuzz - Pix on the way, more to come.

Polly - Every sailboat needs a parrot. But a bird on a sailboat could create a huge mess.

01:44  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

I thought that said "if you run around the rangers get pissed." Hee hee.

10:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time I watch I'll pay attention, it's 32 feet, thats all I know

12:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home