This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Amazing Powers

I have amazing powers of foresight. Yesterday I bought new windshield wipers. Good ones too. Bosch Micro Edge Excel PLUS windshield wipers. Better than the regular Micro Edge Excel blades because of the PLUS. And an additional buck or two per blade.

As a general rule, the more words something has the more likely I am to buy it. All the other blade choices had shorter brand names.

And of course there was rain today. This is where the foresight part comes in. Did I nail this one or what? Had I waited to buy the wipers I would have been driving around in some pretty hard rain with crappy old wipers.

Of course it was not really foresight. It is not like I live in the Atacama Desert - the driest place on Earth - or anything. I live in an area known for frequent rainfall. And it is the rainy season. So therefore it does not take a supercomputer to figure out that it will rain. At some point. Maybe even later today! And maybe not.

I have no idea. I do not really pay attention to the forecast from day to day.

Speaking of forecasts, what the hell is up with the forecast "40% chance of rain"? Really - what does that mean? Have you ever been 40% rained on?

Not me. I either get 0% rained on or 100% rained on. There is no such thing as 40% rained on. It either rains (100% chance) or it does not rain (0% chance).

Today was one of those 100% days.

I also learned that scuba equipment is expensive. The scuba crap I have now is really old. It is all in excellent condition, because I took care of it and did not use it much - but it is still old. I do not even know if my BC still fits properly. I have to take it diving to find out. It is probably small. But I will use it for now.

My regulators were built in the mid to late 70s. I got them used in the mid to late 80s. They are something like 30 years old already. But they still work and I plan to use them some more.

I should probably replace the high pressure hose. It has to hold 3,000 PSI of air pressure. That is a lot. A new high pressure air hose is not that expensive. So I should just get that. If the old hose I have ruptures then that will suck. The dive will have to be aborted.

I plan to go diving for the first time in many years sometime soon. Like maybe next weekend. I have a friend who is certified now. So that will be cool.

Unless my high pressure hose ruptures, my BC leaks, and my regulator craps out. Then that will suck.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Doozie said...

60% of the time it works all the time

13:16  
Blogger Unknown said...

My amazing powers of prediction say that I will be very upset over how much it takes to fill my car with gas.
Yes, it already happened once today. But I predict it will happen again soon.

17:49  
Blogger Doozie said...

I just ate a Big Hunk candy bar, did you see that coming?

19:04  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Doozie - what works all the time?

Lily - You are probably right. I try not to get upset over gas prices. I can not really control them. I have already changed my driving habits as much as I can.

Doozie - Yes I did. Only I saw you eating a Chunky Bar. So I was a little off.

20:40  
Blogger Bee said...

How much rain do you really get down there?

We get about 35 to 37 inches a year. We also get partly cloudy and partly sunny. Mr Coffee's concrete biz revolves around weather.

SPeaking of, did you know you could send a text to "google" (466453) that says "weather 90210" or whatever your zip and it'll text back your weather. NOAA has the best weather.

Bosch makes good wipers, although we replace ours every year out of necessity. One year some bastage took ONE of my wipers and replaced it with theirs. They actually took the time to clip on their completely worn out old one, wasn't that nice? I wondered why it suddenly wasn't working and upon inspection, had TWO different wipers. Some freaking generic deal and my Bosch wiper.

How often do you scuba dive and do you really see all 50,000 legs under the sea?

00:59  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Bee - We get a lot of rain. I do not know how much but it is a lot. It seems to rain just about every day in the summer.

I did not know that about Google. Ill try that now.

I have not gone diving in years. Since 1992 really. It is going to be cool.

02:33  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I use that NOAA local weather thing for the home page on my browzer.

08:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home