This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

In Other News....It Came From The Crap Lagoon

I upgraded to the new version of Firefox. The software was bugging me to do this for some time, but I finally did it.

And now I have to get used to it. I do not like the way the history works. I liked the old history thing better. Ill get used to it.

In other news.............


Tropical Storm Hanna. Now this is a strange one. It is going to the south. While this is possible (obviously it is possible - it is happening) it is not typical. There is a blocking high that the thing is moving around. Once it is past the blocking high it will resume a more customary path - which means to the northwest then a hook to the northeast. This one may skip the northwest thing.

Of course the big news is still Gus. Ole Gus seems set on taking a path similar to Katrina 3 years ago. Things are looking bad for the Big Easy. But this time people are getting out. This is good. But the storm is bad news. The levees are supposed to be able to take a cat 3 storm, which Gus will be. It may even be a 4 or 5. But the levees are untested. A lot of the city is below sea level. Nature wants to fill that land with salt water from the Gulf Of Mexico.

Bottom line is I would not want to test the levees with my life. And even if the levees hold if there is a lot of rain and the power fails, the bowl will fill with rain water.

At this point I do not know if Hanna will be a South Florida event. And I do not know what it will do in 5 days. It may even get into the Gulf and hit the same general area as Gus.

So Ill keep an eye on Hanna.

The data suggests it may become a category 1 storm, but then weaken back to a tropical storm. So who knows.

But I do know this. Someone I know is moving to some new digs. I am thinking of getting this thing and leaving it for them to discover later.

The Creature From The Crap Lagoon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Oh noes! We are in the extended cone! My Mommie is flying into the Fort Lauderdale airport late Wednesday. I hope she can travel safely.

13:00  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

We will be ok. You live way inland so no storm surge worries. Hanna will not be anywhere near as bad as Gus!!!

Gus is scaring me.

19:49  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Yet another glorious being that will one day be exploited in The crappy Times!

23:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home