This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bugs

Yes, that is a land crab. And yes, that is a 33 gallon trash can. And no, it is not fake.

They live along the coast in the Indian Ocean and some parts of the Pacific.

That is the world's largest land dwelling bug. Yes, it is a bug. Actually it is an arthropod. But all bugs are arthropods. Insects, spiders, and crustaceans - all arthropods.

So now when someone says they say the largest bug in their kitchen, and you know they do not live in tropical areas of the Pacific Ocean or the Indian Ocean - you know they are full of shit. They did not see "the largest bug".

So ask them if it was a Coconut Crab. If they say no, then you can lay the smack down on them.

Now you are the bug master.

By the way, the Coconut Crab is the largest LAND DWELLING bug. The largest bug is actually this thing.



The Japanese Spider Crab. This is a deep water bug. And it is big. The leg span is almost 13 feet, the body is up to 15 inches, and they can weigh up to 44 pounds. But there could be even larger ones lurking in the deep. They are found in waters as deep as 800 meters, or about 2,600 feet.

This concludes any more posts about land crabs for some time to come.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I'll restrain myself with the crab jokes.
But that is a big joker.

19:04  
Blogger TLP said...

Just dropped by to see if you are okay. Apparently Fay is doing you no harm.

23:47  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - making bad crab jokes is way too easy :)

TLP - yup, all is good here in Miami. Other areas of Florida got heavy flooding.

00:02  
Blogger Doozie said...

Oh lord...I'm not gonna sleep well tonight

02:19  
Blogger Doozie said...

I just can't get over that thing, it is haunting me. I want it to die. I want all of them to die. I'm not a very good environmentalist

15:15  
Blogger Doozie said...

I'm being really loud today...just sittin here listnen to my itunes and hootin/hollerin. those little fucks downstairs have tortured me long enough, I'm on the rebound and I am to kick some asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

17:50  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Doozie - Which thing? The Japanese Spider Crab or the Coconut Crab? And what did they do to you? The Japanese Spider Crab lives in very deep water and the Coconut Crab lives on the other side of the planet. No reason to wish death on these bugs.

I am glad you are on the rebound. The new job seems to be bringing the old you back. The "take no shit" you. When you get some paid vacation time racked up you should take a cruise.

23:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

Groovy!
That land crab will make an appearance in the Crappy Times at some point. I can just imagine such things being very plentiful in the Netherworld.

23:14  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

That coconut crab is bad ass. If I was in charge of the local zoo I would have a few of those suckers imported. It is not like there are no coconuts in Miami or anything. I think it would be a good draw and a cheap exhibit to maintain. Coconuts are free! Just plant some trees.

16:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home