This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Can See The Bahamas From My Front Yard

Actually I can't. But Bimini is only about 50 miles east of the Miami Sea Buoy!

So think about that! I do quite often. I think "if I just had a slightly larger boat with twin engines.......I could go get me some fresh conch!"

And rum from Cuba. Because in The Bahamas that shit is legal. But here in the USA??? Not legal. contraband.

Not that I do not know where I can get it. It is not like there are a bunch of bars where if you know the secret password (usually "Fidel Castro sucks") you can order shots of contraband Cuban rum or anything.

OH NO!!! The people in Miami who are so in favor of the embargo would NEVER EVER think about going to The Bahamas and bringing back a few crates of Cuban rum! Of course not.

And there is no way - NO WAY - I would ever go to the local Indian reservation, buy a whole lot of tax free cigarettes, take them to The Bahamas, unload them, clear Bahamas Customs, load up with Cuban rum - then come back to Miami! NEVER EVER!

Seriously - never. My boat is a little bit small for the crossing.

Plus it is just not worth it. Honestly I do not understand the obsession with Cuban rum. Flor De Cana 7 year Grand Reserve is better than any Cuban rum I have ever had.

And Flor De Cana is legal. Not contraband. It comes from Nicaragua. I can buy as much of it as I want without having to know any secret passwords or anything. Even if I could just buy a bottle of Cuban rum, I would go with Flor De Cana anyway.

Stick to what you know - and like! That is my general rum rule.

Anyhow my point is that I can almost see The Bahamas from my front yard. There is Florida, and then some water - and then The Bahamas!

I am sure this might mean something one day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I am pretty sure that makes you an expert in foreign affairs!

09:50  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I just wish it made me an expert in offshore fishing!!! I never catch anything.

01:53  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stick to what you know and like is a damn good rule for anything. It's why I'm still listening to the same classic rock station after 20 years!

09:04  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Lily - that advice works well in most situations. But not for fishing. Some day I will catch something.

17:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home