This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Goings On

I know that the world is wondering what is going over here. Not wanting to disappoint the population of the planet and upset the cosmic forces, I decided to make a post.

Even if I do not have anything really cool to say.

First - I do not yet know if I will make it out to the Columbus Day party. I might, I might not. As of now I am leaning towards "might not", but no firm decisions have been made. So who knows.

The main problems relate to no firm commitments from various associates to go, and the hassle that will be involved putting the boat in the water that day. The ramps are extra busy, and there is a lot of vessel traffic. A good deal of the people that are out there have a lack of basic boating knowledge. And then there is the alcohol consumed. Every year there are accidents. It is a pretty nutty time on the water.

If I go then Ill go. And take pictures. If I do not go then I suppose there will be no photos.

For the benefit of one person who still reads this blog, I got the urge to build something. And document the construction process. And the post it all here! So I might go this. It all depends on how lazy I get. And what I can find in the line of lumber scraps. Ill need some lumber scraps. I really do not want to actually buy anything to construct the project.

The boat needs to be scrubbed. I started on this project, but I did not finish it. The tarp the boat was living under got damaged, so the boat was just out in the elements for a while. Not good. The seats got black spots on them. I got most of the spots off with some Simple Green, but I need to take some Tilex out there to finish the job.

I got some stuff called "Barkeepers Friend" to clean the diamond no slip pattern that is molded into the deck. The non slip surface is nice because you do not slip, but it is a bitch to keep clean.

The metal rails and t-top frame could use a polishing. Barkeepers Friend will work for that too.

It is going to be a fair amount of work. Lots of scrubbing with a hand held brush.

It is times like this that I am glad the boat is only a 20 footer!

3 Comments:

Blogger Doozie said...

I'm offended...I read your blog and you said only one person reads your blog. So what does that make the rest of us? Non persons? I'm weeping....


I know all about barkeepers friend. It's good stuff, if you can get ahold of Old Dutch Cleaner, it's really cheap and works just as good. THey used to sell it at the dollar store.

Also, for stainless steel surfaces that you don't have to walk on, use baby oil, it shines that stuff right up and masks water spots.

12:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I use the term "one person" in the collective sense. Kind of like how the Queen says "we" when she means "me". In reverse.

Is baby oil and mineral oil the same stuff?

18:34  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a person, I'm a mutant flower from space. But I do read your blog! The past few days I haven't had a chance to read--or write in--my blog. But you must go there and decide which of the Netherworld political parties to vote for. They're so much more entertaining than the ones we have here.

01:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home