This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Odds And Ends

Just a few odds and ends here. Stuff I could not really fit into any other post format. No matter what crazy ass tangent I go off on. It was just not going to happen.

So here it goes!!!

1. Scarlet Blue is back. I have to assume her screen name was picked because of the eternal question. Which Chimay version do you select? There is the red/scarlet label, and the blue label. And yes - there is a difference.

Chimay Red is a 7% top fermented selection.

First sold in 75 cl (25.4 fl.oz.) bottles, it is noted for its coppery colour which makes it particularly attractive.

Topped with a creamy head, it gives off a light, fruity apricot aroma produced by the fermentation. The taste perceived in the mouth is a balance confirming the fruity nuances noticed in the fragrance.

Its taste, which imparts a silky sensation to the tongue, is made refreshing by a light touch of bitterness. To the palate, the taster perceives a pleasant astringency which complements the flavour qualities of this beer very harmoniously.

This top fermented Trappist beer, refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurized.

Not bad stuff really. I like it. I do not drink it often on account of it being harder to find AND somewhat expensive. But hey - Tappist Monks have to eat too.

Chimay Blue on the other hand.....TOTALLY different.

Named Grande Réserve in 75 cl (25.4 fl.oz.) bottles, it is principally distinguished by its character of a strong beer (9% ABV).

This is a beer whose fragrance of fresh yeast with a light, flowery rosy touch is especially pleasant.

Its flavour, noticed when tasting it, only accentuates the pleasant sensations perceived in the aroma , while revealing a light but pleasant touch of roasted malt.

This top fermented Trappist beer , refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurized.

I prefer the blue label myself - but only on special occasions. The stuff ain't cheap.

Anyhow - this is my theory behind the blog name "Scarlet Blue". Why commit to just one kind of Chimay? Keep your options open.

#2 - Where is Doozie? Apparently she just vanished. And her blog is closed. So if you know where she is - pester her to add me to the approved readers list. Remember - the key to pestering is to do it often!!! 8 or 9 times a day is a good start.

#3 - I made some creations for Dusty. Dusty's blog may not be for anyone - she can go off the deep end from time to time. But hey - what else would you expect from a blog titled "Left Wing Nutjob"? Agree or disagree - you have to admit the title is fitting. Anyway, in the spirit of wasting time and accomplishing absolutely nothing in the process - I made THESE PHOTOS. Not my best creations, but Ill do better at some point. No telling when that might be. I have to be inspired to do really good work. The inspiration for the things I made so far was just a simple matrix of bordem and beer. And it shows. On a scale of 1 - 10, I give the stuff a 3.

But since I am not an asshole who never admits to schlock - there you go. The proof is on the internet, for all to see.

#4 - Skipper The Cat is getting his fur back. This is good. He was starting to look like a mole rat with a long tail. But now he looks more like a cat again. Ill have to remember to post a photo.

#5 - I have taken a bunch of FEMA self study courses. Why? Well I had my reasons. But mostly - they were a good way to pass some time. Go here for the NIMS selections, and here for the ISP selections.

By the way, various jobs now require some of these self study courses. The common ones are ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, and ICS-800. The courses can also be listed a IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800.

And since this is a FEMA creation, the numbers are not exactly in order. IS-100 pairs with IS-700, IS-200 pairs with IS-800. I know, I know - that is odd. But that is just how it is. So roll with it. Trying to figure it out will just drive you insane. The numbers may not make sense, but then again the course numbers are not what is important. The content is.

Other than that - happy Saturday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've never had the Trappist beer but the Trappist cheese is--dare I say--heavenly.
(ducks flying objects)
Unfortunately I lost track of Doozie when she made her blog private. I wasn't one of the people that was given the address. :-(
I won't even begin to try to figure out the FEMA thing. I haven't slept since yesterday and I'm hard put to remember what FEMA stands for at this moment! :-D

08:07  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh BTW, great about Skipper! Hope the improvement continues.
I've decided to make the Lost Beneath the Surface blog my home blog. I haven't had one for a while but things have started going in that direction and I'm going to roll with it.

08:39  
Blogger Daisy said...

I am glad to learn that Skipper is getting his furs back!

10:37  
Blogger Utah Savage said...

You are a mighty busy blogger. I'm very happy Mz Scarlet is back.

I read Dusty but her typeface as so small I can't read it without tracking down a pair of reading glasses and then I can almost never can find the comment do-hicky or if I find it can't get the comment to actually post. So, before I drop by her place I have to have glasses in hand. And my temper under control about not being able to figure out how to comment. Makes me feel very old and out of it that her site gives me so much trouble. But I too am a left wing nutjob.

I'm so happy for Skipper. Send him my best.

16:28  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Lily - If I ever decide to be a monk, I will have to move to Belgium and go Tappist. And right now this does not seem like a terrible idea. Do the monks get health insurance? I know about the free beer and cheese thing - which is also great.

Daisy - I am glad too. I was worried that I would just have to shave the fur that did not fall out, and tell everyone I had a mutant pet mole rat. That has eyes.

Actionbell - I will have to remember to bring my own zoo cards to that act if I ever see it. And THANK GOD that nobody is forced to pick the gerbil card. I would hate to see where he would hide the gerbil at. The formal jacket distraction is probably where the duck comes from - but who knows. That is why it is magic!! If you are not expecting it - the illusion is really great.

Again - thankfully it is a duck and NOT a gerbil.

Utah - Scarlet's comeback was literally out of the blue.

00:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home