This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

H1N1 Is Here

I figured this would happen.

The first confirmed H1N1 case in south Florida. She is a high school senior at Hallandale High School. She is 17.

No big deal. The doctors gave her some anti viral flu medicine. The school is closed till Thursday while it is being decontaminated. I do not know if the place has to be decontaminated, but they are doing it anyway. Probably just to make people feel better.

And lets not fool ourselves here - the air conditioning units of ALL schools could probably use some decontamination.

But you know what did not happen? A mass outbreak of students and faculty of the school.

So I am not really worried about this whole thing. So far, there have been only 17 confirmed deaths. While this still means 17 people, the common flu kills some 30,000 per year just in the USA. Thousands are suspected of having contracted the bug by the way.

But even so, I feel it is time to take some proactive action. People are generally not found out on the water. At least not in the numbers they are found on land. And it is pretty easy to stay away from people on the water.

So Ill be out on the water. For part of the time. I actually have a thing to go to. Some kind of picnic. By the water.

I plan to arrive by sea.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just don't go bringing any plague bearing rats back with you!
Only joking.
Its a good idea to keep the anti viral meds in mind in case of feeling flu symptoms. Hopefully doctors have plenty of these on hand. They are actually quite effective so long as they are given right away as soon as symptoms are noticed.

04:46  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yea. But I am generally not in favor of stockpiling drugs. If I get sick and I think it is really bad, Ill seek help. But I am not going to panic because I get a sniffle.

05:10  
Blogger Blank said...

I'm just going to hide in my house. Which is pretty much what I do anyway.

18:50  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Good plan. That is much cheaper than going out on the water!!!

00:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home