This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Options

It is no secret I like boats.

So here is the deal. I have the opportunity to go out on a REAL boat. A US Coast Guard Cutter. Now this is not a cruise ship. First, Ill have to prove I am worthy of being a member of the crew. I do not anticipate this as being much of a problem. I am sure I can find some way to make myself seem useful.

Or at the least, I have the sense to get the hell out of the way if I get the idea I am clogging up the works.

Of course, there are other factors to consider here. The last big boat I was on was in fact a cruise ship. So the job of the entire crew was to see to it that I had fun. There were multiple bars so I did not have to wonder around looking for more things to drink. There was food available all the time. There were chairs upon which I could sit and watch the world float by. I had a cabin with a private toilet. And so on.

The cutter will probably be lacking in some of these features. I can take a pretty good guess at what features might be different.

However, the idea is still sitting there in my head. A cutter huh? Out in the open sea, doing open sea type things. On a military vessel! No telling what sorts of adventures might await me. No telling who I might be able to start a legendary brawl with at some port of call bar.

Oh wait - that is the US Navy. They have been known to get involved in this sort of thing. But then again, drunken brawling is a tradition among sailors. But that was then. In the days of yore, before there was all this "media" bullshit creating the need to maintain a "positive image".

I plan to go to the meeting to get more information. I want to see what it is all about.

4 Comments:

Blogger Utah Savage said...

How did you swing this cutter cruise?

02:35  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like it could be a once in a lifetime experience. You should definitely consider it.

05:41  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Utah - I have associations with various organizations that make things possible.

Lily - it is something I want to research further

22:59  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

You could always just join up and do it all the time!

08:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home