This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Tagged Or Something Like That

First, I got tagged. Twice. So I figured I might as well do this. I mean I got hit twice. I look at these things as a lazy way to post. I do not have to think up anything.

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) bipolar notes from underground (off meds)
2) This Side Of Reason
3) Full Moon Rising
4) Normy's Corner Of The Universe
5) Rantings Of The Lazy Iguana

Next select five people to tag. Be sure to try and make them feel really guilty if they don't want to play!
1) Ba Doozie
2) Emma
3) Actionbell
4) Saur (recently back from vacation)
5) Anyone else who needs a free post idea

What were you doing ten years ago?

Driving a white delivery van for a flower store my parents were running. I was pretty much slave labor. Cash under the table. Not really that much cash under the table, but I had a company gas account so my little car was never low on fuel. And it was going to be really hard for me to get fired, so I could pull off shit that normally no employer would put up with. Like calling in and saying "are there any deliveries" and if the answer was "only one or two" or "none" then I would just show up whenever I felt like it. There may have been beer in the van drink holder a few times when my route took me off on one of the dirt roads of Homestead. People live out there. No cops. And I could practice power slides on the gravel roads. Fun fun fun.

Oh yea, and working on my AA degree at Miami-Dade Community College. I was on the "more than two years" plan.

What were you doing one year ago?

Working as a simple civil servant. It was a decent enough job. I had a time I HAD TO show up at, and a time that I could go home at. Unless there was overtime. It was a small division, so that means that you had to do what was necessary to maintain operations. It was operations first - personal life second. But I never really got upset about it - I had nothing else better to do anyway. I kept me from doing too much of bad habit numbers 2, 3 and 5 (see below)

Five snacks you enjoy:

1) Goldfish crackers - any flavor
2) Doritos - I can not resist any new flavors
3) Cheetos
4) Combos pizza flavor
5) Fried pork rinds. "Hot" flavor. Sometimes. Not very often actually.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

1) Blotto - I wanna be a lifeguard
2) They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in your soul
3) The Polecats - Make a circuit with me
4) Ween - Voodoo Lady (currently on Iguana Music by the way)
5) Monty Python - The Universe Song

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1) Buy a larger boat. A 25 - 30 foot twin engine power catamaran cabin cruiser with AC and an inboard generator would be nice.
2) Obtain a condo on Brickell Key. Facing the intra-coastal waterway, not the shitty of Miami.
3) Get more visa stamps in my passport
4) Attempt to walk the Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu
5) keep doing what I was doing a year ago. I would not be a total bum! Work keeps me from spending too much money.

Five bad habits:

1) Nail biting
2) Being lazy
3) I probably watch too much TV
4) Overuse of the word "shit"
5) A tendency to be anti-social

Five things you like doing:

1) Using the boat, being out on the water
2) Going places. Travel. I do not do this nearly enough
3) Finding new and unusual beers - then drinking them.
4) Driving to the Florida Keys just for the hell of it, to have some food and a few drinks at an oceanside bar
5) sometimes I like to do nothing. See bad habit numbers 2, 3 and 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This concludes the tag thing. The people came by for the old boat yesterday. So the boat cycle is complete. Where the old boat used to be is a newer boat. All I need to do to finish outfitting the new boat is get the sonar unit and install the marine stereo and shit. I may also get a 4 channel audio amplifier at some point. My speakers are rated for 160 watts peak power, so I figure 1 single 400 watt amp (100 watts x 4 channels) would be perfect. This way I would not be too close to overdriving the speakers, as the amp would probably distort at 80 watts or so. If I really want to go crazy I can get a marine subwoofer. There is plenty of room to mount one in the center console. But really I do not need one. I do not need to thump the bass really. But I might want to, just to put another boat's audio system to shame. It is a Miami thing.

Oh yea, I am also selling a West Marine propane stainless steel BBQ grill made for boats. It comes with a 45 degree angle rod holder mount. Cheap!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

I've never known a boat to sell so fast, I hope you're in sales.

If you had tagged me I would have shown you just how a good a shot I really am, good decision.

You and I like the same snack foods. You're not so bad.

08:35  
Blogger Daisy said...

I like goldfish snacks too. I never knew they came in different flavors though. They just taste like fish to me.

13:17  
Blogger dddragon said...

I cannot resist snacks, and thus explains my shape. I would like to travel more, too!

rabbit rabbit

16:52  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Herr Krokodil - I see you upgraded. Crocks are larger and more fearsome than caimans. The boat sold fast because it was cheap, it floats, and the engine runs. The trailer was in good shape. It was ready to roll. It even had a full tank of gas - a $120 - #140 value depending on what gas is going for today. Snack foods are important. I am out of Goldfish crackers.

Daisy - I like the "buffalo wings" flavor right now. But the Pizza X-Plosion flavor is also good.

DDD - long time no see. I hope the old cat is doing well. I had an old cat so I know what it is like to take care of one. Snacks are addictive. Ill eat a whole bag of Goldfish all on my own in one sitting.

Actionbell - nobody wants to think of stuff all the time. So every now and then one of these meme things is not so bad. Unless they suck, in which case you just pretend you never saw it.

21:00  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I love jobs like the job you were doing ten years ago! My job now is kind of like that. I do have to show up at a certain time and be there for 8 hours, but a lot of the time I don't have to do jack shit, so I have time to get personal stuff on the computer done.
Sometimes a person does get clobbered from both sides, but at least this time it was only for a stupid Meme.
I too can eat a whole bag of Goldfish in one sitting.

00:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first thing I thought of when you mentioned driving the delivery van for your parents was Night at the Roxbury. Can you do their moves?

I will work on this tag, I'm behind becasue I still have a meme from Ian to do, plus day three of our trip. So I too have blog fodder for awhile.

Congrats on selling the boat, may it rest in peace

14:10  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Kristen - X-13D flavor? I do not think that is legal in the USA yet. You need to smuggle me some.

01:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"5) A tendency to be anti-social"

All liberals are like that, aren't they?

18:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home