This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Back Home

The week on the other side of FL is over. I am back in Miami. The drive across the Everglades was not very eventful.

Before I left the island on Thursday I had to send something off. What a mission that was! Something so simple has to be made complicated because of stupid bullshit. I should have dropped a duce in the post office but there are probably cameras and I would have been busted and whatnot. Ill post the whole story later.

On I-75 in Fort Myers heading south I could see lightning off in the distance. It was pretty cool. The road was wet so it had rained, but enough time had passed so that there were dry trails created by all the other cars. Only the part of the road that was damp was the parts of the road only drunks drive on.

Somewhere on the "Alligator Alley" section of I-75 there was a car on the side of the road. I saw some dude waving his arms at traffic passing by. I called FL Highway Patrol and they already had someone on the way to see what was up. Probably just a car breakdown.

I hit a little bit of rain when I was almost home. But that is about it.

On the alley, there are rest areas and recreation areas. At these locations there are a bunch of street lights. The rest of the road is dark. It sounded like it was drizzling in the dark areas and raining in the lit up areas. But it was not water - it was bugs. The Everglades is the world's bug factory. So now you know. If you live up north where it freezes solid in the winter and wonder "where the hell do all these bugs come from if it freezes in the winter", then know this. The bugs winter in the Everglades and move north in the summer. It has to be this way. Seriously, the sound of bugs hitting the truck was constant.

And now for other things. I probably have a few Miami area readers. And I happen to know about a totally FREE event going on this weekend right here in Miami.


This is the US Coast Guard Barque "Eagle". A barque is a ship that looks like the Eagle. The ship has three masts and over 21,000 square feet of sails. I think the actual number is 21,350 square feet of sail. And over 5 miles of rigging line.

And for this weekend, Saturday and Sunday - the ship is open to the general public for tours. It is an active duty Coast Guard vessel, used by the academy to train officers in the USCG. All USCG officers have to go on the Eagle. And it acts as an "ambassador ship" so unlike a regular cutter the public is invited on board when it is in port. It also visits other countries.

Anyhow it is going to be docked at Bicentennial Park. Admission and parking are free. The ship will be open for tours this weekend from 10 AM - 5 PM.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

That's a hell of a nice ship! It looks like one of those flagships in one of the few video games I ever got into playing, the Ancient Art of War at Sea. Actually, I mostly liked designing the maps for the world, naming the countries stupid things like Phucquery, and making the fleets. Then I'd let my ex husband play the battles.

04:44  
Blogger Daisy said...

Wow! That looks like a fun ship to tour.

12:02  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

That's a Real "Blow Boat"

18:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - The Eagle would make for a poor warship. She has no cannon.

Daisy - It is a neat ship. Allowing the public on board is a good idea.

Fuzz - she is a real blow boat. I got a pre-tour because I am special.

01:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have really bad indigestion today and I am wondering what man would want me with this sort of disorder going on. I am doomed

01:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home