This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Down To The Wire

It seems like I just got back to Sanibel, and it is already time to go. Maybe that is because 24 hours ago I was thinking to myself "self, I think I will stop at the Waffle House in Naples to get some food because I am hungry and nothing is going to be open in Sanibel when I get there at 2 or 3 AM".

It seems that for the past few years I had to return home for one reason or another. It is like a trend. But the drive is not long. In 24 hours I will be home. I plan to get out of here somewhat early. I do not know exactly when.

So how did I spend my last full day here? I went on a cruise. I went to the marina to get the boat. I came out of the marina, around lighthouse point, and then anchored off the resort. I waded ashore to get a Guinness from the pool bar. Then I cruised down the beach up to Captiva and around Red Fish Pass. There were a bunch of people fishing there, but I doubt anyone was catching squat. There were too many bottle nose dolphin around. I had never seen so many wild dolphin in one place at one time. They were all over the place. Catching all the fish before the people could no doubt. Then it was out the Seven Seas Resort channel to the ICW. Then I went down down the ICW "going to sea". What does this mean? Well when you are "returning from sea" the red markers are on your right. In the ICW you are "returning from sea" if you are going in a clockwise direction starting from Maine. So from Maine south to Key West you are returning from sea, from Key West north up the west coast of Florida, around the panhandle to Alabama, then continuing to Mississippi, Louisiana, and finally hugging the Texas coast all the way to Mexico you are "returning from sea". That is how the ICW works. On the West Coast of the USA you are returning from sea of you are moving north from California to Oregon. So the reds will be to your right.

Before I leave today I will play around with the kayak. I have a sail for the thing because I am too lazy to paddle it. So that will be fun. I am not the best sailor, if it don't have a motor then I am sort of winging it.

Before I leave I need to buy more beer. There is a store on the island that sells "Full Sail IPA" that is excellent. They also sell "Sawtooth Ale" from Left Hand Brewing Company. I have never tried that stuff. And there is something else there too that I need to get.

I also have to get by the Lazy Flamingo before I bail out. I go there every year. Except this year.
And then I have to lug all my crap down the stairs, load it into the truck, and go home. Skipper will be happy - the other cats are probably being mean to him. He wants to play and the other cats want to be grouchy and not play.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is a beer nut (can you say that in English?) He wants to do a beer tasting sometime soon with friends so if you have any good recommendations beerwise, let me know. We have found some good belgian beers in the liquor store in our neighborhoold-near Publix in front of Tropical park. They also do beer tastings sometimes.

08:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all of this is overshadowed by the fact herr krok is not blogging anymore, I don't even feel like talking today

09:59  
Blogger TLP said...

So the Lazy Iguana got lazy at the Lazy Flamingo? Deep!

16:01  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Sandrine - beer nut is a correct term. I am one of those. I know a lot more about beer than wine. I could not tell a merlot from any other red wine - but I can tell a wizen lager from a pale ale. You guys need to check out Titanic in Coral Gables next to UM.

Doozie - Krok will probably still leave comments. Maybe if you offered him something he would go back to blogging?

TLP - Everything on this island is lazy. People who are into working should never live on an island. Only us bums belong here.

16:34  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Do they have the ICW on the west coast ?

20:25  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The ICW is the nation's first superhighway. It was built to provide a safe passage for cargo. At first it only went from New England to the Carolinas. But over the years it expanded to cover the entire east and gulf coasts, as well as the Pacific coast. The lateral marker system used in the ICW is also used in the Great Lakes.

03:10  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Friends, son and I went to a Waffle House one night, being mostly broke as usual, we were looking for a cheap meal. It was 6:30 P.M. and they said they wouldn't be able to serve us for another half hour because they were cleaning the grill. At 6:30 p.m., mind. Prime eating hours. So we said phucque it and went to IHOP instead. We were hungry cheap bastards and weren't about to wait a half hour to eat broke people food!

04:46  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

We won't be seeing Herr Krokodil anymore? That is sad news. Which I almost spelled "noos." Now I'm feeling very afraid about the fact that I'm taking my final exam in my Human Growth and Development class tomorrow.

04:48  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I ask about ICW west because when I was on the Calif. coast I don't recall seeing anything like it.

18:42  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - Waffle House makes the best hash browns. I get em covered (in cheese) and chunked (with ham). Krokodil did say he has given up blogging.

Fuzz - the ICW is not exactly advertised. But if you are out in a boat and you see yellow markings on a buoy or day marker then you are in the ICW.

01:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home