This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Oh Snap


Well, I am on the other side of Florida. The Gulf Coast. Only 170 miles away, but really it might as well be 2,000 miles away. Miami is a toilet. It is a shame really - the people that populate the place make it a toilet. It seems that all the rejects, malcontents, misfits, fuck ups, and assholes end up in Miami. Very few people are native to Miami. Most people are transplants from somewhere else. When people ask me "where are you from" and I say "Miami" they usually say something like "no I mean before you came here" or "really?!?!". Yes really. And no I did not come from someplace else.

But I wish YOU would go back to wherever you came from. Ill help buy you a bus ticket if you like.
This side of the State is a little different. Or at least it seems that way. Maybe it is because I stay on the Island and do not go into Ft Myers or Cape Coral. The island is nice. It is America so there is electricity and every place has AC. But it is an island, so nobody is in a hurry to do anything. Except close the bar. I think that one place (Jacaranda) remains open till 1 AM and the Lazy Flamingo is open till 2 AM. The Lazy Flamingo is more of a beer sports bar joint. The Jacaranda is a decent restaurant, but when the kitchen closes at 10 PM the patio area turns into a bar. No food, only booze. And music. It is pretty nice. And there may be other places around too. But they all close somewhat early.

But there is a problem. The Sanibel Police. Those guys have NOTHING to do. Nothing. There is no crime here. Very little. Anyone stupid enough to come here to stab the 7-11 clerk will probably get busted. All they have to do is shut down the causeway and there is no place to go. There is only one way on or off this island. Unless you have a boat.

Anyhow, there are three or four police cars for the island. And at night, at least half are on the road. Now this may seem like a small number, but this is a small place. So you have to be careful if you are out at 2 AM closing down the Lazy Flamingo.

I got my crap here. The satellite radio is working in my room. The boat is here, parked somewhere. Later today it is going to be launched and then it will go it its wet slip at the marina where it will live for a few days.

But I forgot the Pimms. Drat. And I forgot to buy more beer. So I only have 6 or 7. That is not enough.

I am going to return back to Miami for a few hours next week. I have a function to go to. Can't say more until AFTER it is over due to security concerns and stuff. I do not even know if I will be allowed to take photos.

But I can say this much. It involves a cocktail party.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

Sanibel is beautiful. It takes so long to drive out there that the Homies would rather shoot the Indian Dude who is at the 7-Eleven on the mainland. It's just a matter of time before they will be forced to build low income housing.

If I leave my boat in the water longer than 3-days I start to get barnicles, but I guess with your scuba gear you can take care of that.

13:51  
Blogger M@ said...

sounds like a good life....

20:19  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Actionbell - Samuel Adams should hire me. I always get good photos of their beer. Sanibel Island is really nice. My kind of place. A little quiet however.

Krok - the idea is to use the boat so much that barnacles can not grow. It will be out of the water soon, so no harm no foul.

Matt - it could be worse.

21:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you there with friends? sounds like you need to find the local grocery store and stock up on cold adult beverages

18:23  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

On the bright side, a cocktail party involves cocktails.

04:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home