This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Rested

It seems there is no rest for the wicked. Once again it is well after 3 AM and guess who is awake?

That reminds me of some campy cheesy old TV commercials. They used to show this one a lot on local Miami TV stations.

You see a window in a building.
VOICE OVER: Is that a light on in David Singer's office?
VOICE 2: Yes. It is 10 PM and David Singer is still at work! I am glad David Singer is the asshole I hired for the fraudulent lawsuit I filed!
VOICE 3: David Singer, attorney at law.

The commercial went something like that. I am sure my Miami area lurkers will post comments about that commercial. EVERYONE made fun of them. 10 PM??? PLEASE!!!!! Cry me a river David Singer! Nobody ever works that late. Only you. I ought to kick your ass. 10 PM? You are a pussy David Singer. I have worked till well past 1 AM before. And I have showed up to work at 4 AM many times. Oh boo-hoo. You "worked" till 10 PM. Should I get out my World's smallest violin so I can play the world's saddest song for you???

But I was not out working. It is Saturday night. I was out for some beer. There is this really cool place called "The Bar" located in Coral Gables - two blocks north of Miracle Mile off Ponce for all you Miami lurkers. It is a great place. Really. They light the place with 15 watt amber light bulbs. Enough light to see, barely. It is the perfect drinking place. It is like 3 AM in that place 24/7. Nobody wants bright lights when they are drinking. The Bar friggin rules.

OH YEA! I promised photos of the Fowery Rocks lighthouse. Well here you go. Click the photo for a larger version of the same photo.


Well that is it. The lighthouse was built in 1878. The house looking part is where the lighthouse keeper used to live. Now it is empty. But the lighthouse still works, and is a well known aid to navigation to all mariners. Large ships heading into the Port Of Miami probably see the lighthouse before they see the sea buoy that marks the entrance to Government Cut (channel that leads to the Port Of Miami).

Next weekend I may go diving on Carysfort Reef. If I do Ill get some photos. Somehow.

OH YEA! New Iguana Music. The Japanese version of "Party Join Us". I think the band's name is "Crayon". I think. I have an English version too. That will come later.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

I used to love the atmosphere in dark bars. Now, not so much.

Nice picture.

13:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always figured David A. Singer stayed late in the office because he was cheap and want to save on electricity at home OR he took a nap on his couch until 10pm then when out to the bars drinking.

15:06  
Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

When I was young sometimes I would work for days straight and sleep in my office.

I'll never forget the time I caught the Pres. having sex with his secretary in his office. It was dark in his office and I needed some documents that he had. I couldn't help but smile at them after that.

That's the kind of marker I bet people run into a lot.

15:07  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

TLP - The atmosphere is really nice. Dark but not seedy. The lighting is very drinker friendly.

Cheapskate - the David Singer commercials were very cheesy. Even worse than the Kendall Toyota Show with the fat guy and the old fart. Even worse than the Rick Sanchez Show. Terrible.

Krok - having the goods on the boss is excellent job security. People probably have hit that marker. You know they said "I did not see it".

18:04  
Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

In Clearwater Bay there is a huge turnstyle for the old bridge and it sits about 6 inches underwater just a few feet outside of the channel. This thing has taken out many a boat.

20:38  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love that picture. Especially with it being so old. Have you been in it?

Sorry I've been awol...my kids are kicking my butt. Hey 57 days until school, but who is coun..oh, I have a ticker on my blog, that's who's counting.

23:26  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Krok - they ought to put a marker over those things. They are a hazard to navigation.

Emma - when school starts, traffic is a bitch.

23:54  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

David Slinger is a pussy! I work 10 pm to 6 AM 4 or 5 nights a week. I'm ok until about 3 AM and no matter how many years I do this, I really start wanting to fall asleep then.

00:39  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - exactly. He was just an ambulance chaser.

00:48  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to live in my office at the end of the month..had to be there for anything that blew up in test you know..gawd I hated those days...

Neat pic Lazy..as for the dark bar..who drinks in the damn dark? Nothing like tripping over shit when your drunk :P

04:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, why are bars so dark? I could never figure that out, these days, the new micro brewery's etc are light and bright and full of sprite

10:19  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - it is just bright enough to see. You do not trip over anything unless someone passes out and blocks the floor.

Doozie - I will explain it in the next post!

21:30  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHERE CAN I FIND A COPY OF THE DAVID SINGER COMMERICAL. it must exist. i miss it so. they played it in west palm beach too.

19:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home