This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Am A Winner!

I am a winner. That means everyone else is a loser. To them I say HA HA! I won and you lost!

What did I win? Something. But first.....

MOVIE REVIEWS! "Sideways" and "Good Night And Good Luck".

Sideways - some goofy movie about two dudes who go off to the California wine country to taste a bunch of wine and get drunk. One of the two dudes is going to be married. So they go off on what has to be the MOST LAME bachelor party ever! Anyway a series of events happens to the dudes. It is a "comedy drama". The comedy part is OK in places, but pretty dry in others. Same for the drama part. The movie was watchable, but I gave it three (out of five) tail whips.

Good Night And Good Luck - a George Clooney film (he directed it or produced it or something) about Edward Murrow the CBS television news guy VS Senator Joe McCarthy who accused everyone of being a communist. Some actual historical footage was used in the film - but it is not exactly a documentary. So I guess it was a "docu-drama" thing? Is that what you would call it? Anyway the film was dry and just unimpressive. I could not seem to give a shit about any of it. 2.5 tail whips.

Now back to me being a winner!

A few weeks ago I went to a TGI Friday's for dinner. I forgot what day it was. The place was raffling off this thing. It did not cost anything to enter the raffle, so I put my name in the jar. And today I get a call saying I won the thing. So I drive to the place and picked up my fabulous prize.




Behold my prize! Marvel in its glory! This is a Charmglow stainless steel BBQ. Home Depot is the exclusive outlet for these things. It seems Home Depot bought the company that makes them. This one has three main burners, plus one side burner. It is not the most expensive thing on the market, but it is still nice. Retail on this thing is somewhere around $250 or so. I think. I can not find this exact model anywhere.

So this explains the new Iguana Music. Be it on land or at sea, I can BBQ stuff.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Wooohoooo! Awesome prize! Congratulations. I never win stuff.

06:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well DAMN that is too cool. I've never heard of anyone actually winning those prizes from jar drawings so you are just toooo cool. And more stainless steel for you! Better put a cover on it so it does not get nasty looking

12:50  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - I never win anything either. But I am a raffle man slut. I enter them all the time. Even if I do not really want the prize.

Doozie - I was surprised too. Nobody ever wins these things. So I guess that makes me a nobody.

16:54  
Blogger Jane said...

W00t that's nice! The stainless steel looks real sleek!

17:04  
Blogger Jenn said...

NICE!!! Good for you. Hey, I'm bringing the Brats...(not my kids, Bratwurst!!)

17:51  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Jane - being a winner is always good.

Emma - Excellent. The brats may be better on the boat. I have a smaller stainless steel grill for that thing.

Actionbell - I never kid around about winning a BBQ grill. That is serious business. Think the guys name is Chris Elliot.

19:59  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

That is my feeling exactly Fuzz. Wow. I always thought these contest things were a scam with winners pre-selected.

17:27  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

That's cool! My father would love to have one of those. He used to be the sort that always had to have the kind of barbecue where you almost set the neighborhood on fire and it had to take half the day to burn down enough so that you didn't turn everything into a cinder. The stroke took the wind out of his sails a bit, so to speak, so now I think he'd be happier (or at least better off) with one of these!

04:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home