This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Problem With Dean

DEAN UPDATE!

Now I know, you are all wondering "are you in the cone of death yet Lazy?"

Well the answer is yes. And no. Both at the same time. So how is this possible? Through the magic of guessing! I mean forecasting. Forecasting is not the same as guessing right? Of course it is. Except it is not a blind guess. It is a guess based on the best evidence available at the time. And if that evidence changes? Well the forecast changes. So anyway, without further to do - I present the most recent cone of death!



This cone of death is cool because it is in color. I like colors. The colors correspond to probability. Probability of tropical storm force winds. As you can see, the Florida Keys are in the 10% - 20% probability range. I am also in the 10% - 20% cone, but just barely. The rest of my general area is in the 5% - 10% probability cone for tropical storm force winds. Now what do you do when you are in a cone of death? Why, you look at another cone of death! You may like that one better. You may not be in that one. For example.



Now notice how this cone totally leaves out Florida. I like this one much better. The bad thing is people in Jamaica probably think this cone sucks. I do not blame them for thinking this. I hope that if Jamaica is to be hit, it is not hit very hard. Nobody wants a hurricane to hit them, but at the same time nobody really wants it to hit someone else either.

But, my Iguana Sense is not tingling. Nothing is tingling. At this point I can just not worry about it. I do not think it is going to effect South Florida. Someone is going to get hit - just not me. Not this time. It is possible - but I am going on record now with my guess. It will stay well south of Florida. So there. I will either be right or wrong. Who knows which, it is just a guess. It COULD shift north after all. I just do not think it will. But we shall see. One way or another.

Really - this is terrible timing. Of course it is never a good time to get a hurricane in your area, but whatever. I made plans to go out in the boat this weekend! But of the weather is shitty, I can not do this. I will have to make alternate plans. Which may be possible. At least I will make every attempt to make it possible - without sounding all creepy and stuff. I always have a backup plan or two for some things.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Yes, I think we are safe for this one, anyway.

08:20  
Blogger TLP said...

So, could we all just get to vote on where the Cone of Death goes next? I vote for it to go somewhere else.

14:34  
Blogger Blank said...

You could have been a weather man.

19:27  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

I love the way you present weather.

So when your page loads, the center column (where you write) is obstructed by some of your thingies in the left column. Is this proper?

19:30  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

We need lots of rain, but we can do without all that death stuff.

19:31  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - I think so too. I am a little worried about Jamaica however. It is starting to look like they are going to get the worst of it.

TLP - I would vote "out to sea and into colder water". But I do not think we get to vote. Nature is not a democracy. Bush should therefore understand nature very well. But I do not think he does.

Nvisible - I can always make something up and sound like I know what I am talking about. I could be a TV weather goon.

Teri - I think I fixed the problem. But maybe not. I need help troubleshooting this, because it looks fine on my computers.

Fuzz - Florida needs rain, but not necessarily South Florida. Nobody needs to be in the hurricane cone.

19:55  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Having backup plans is good.
Of course we don't get cones of death around here--just funnels of death. I don't like them very much either.

02:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home