This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, April 21, 2008

I Was The Asshole

I missed a day again. I was beat after the bay thing. As usual I did nothing to prepare for the time on the water, option to wait for the last minute to do things.

So I was pretty tired when I got home. Blah blah blah.

And I also have to fix stuff I broke. Yes, there was boat carnage! I broke stuff. And lost stuff.

It seems that I forgot to lower my VHF radio antenna before trailering home. I also forgot to remove a flag. On the way home the antenna smacked something. I do not know what. Maybe a highway overpass? Maybe a sign? Hapless pelican? UFO?

Well whatever it was it broke about two feet of the fiberglass antenna shell, exposing the antenna element that was just sort of hanging. SHIT! There goes $40. I managed to get a new antenna for about 1/2 the price of a new one or else it would have been more. Closer to $75 or $80.

And where the hell is the flag? The brand new flag I had just obtained? And the wooden flag staff I made for it?

Probably still on the expressway. I hope I did not cause any accidents. The cops have not tracked me down so I guess nobody took down the trailer license plate and reported me for causing property damage or personal injury.

So I had to buy another 8 foot marine VHF antenna. And another flag. And the stuff to make another flag staff.

The bow tie down also gave up. But that can be fixed. I just need to tighten some cable clamps and put some lock-tight on the threads. This will glue the nuts in place preventing them from becoming loose. I should have done this in the first place.

Other than this, the event went off without a hitch.

On the bright side, I now have a broken fiberglass antenna that I can cut the jagged edge off of and create another flag pole out of. Now I have a place to display a divers down flag. I think I have another ratchet antenna mount around here someplace.

I really need to pay more attention to what is going on. I can not afford to buy a new antenna every time I use the boat.

I wondered why people were passing me on the breakdown lane on the highway. Here I was thinking "what an asshole that person is" when in fact two foot wooden poles were flying off the boat. I was the asshole after all!

One thing is for sure - it is not likely I will forget to lower the antenna and stow flags away again!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Oh well, shit happens.
I hope this wasn't a beer thing.

20:58  
Blogger M@ said...

I need to tow something.

21:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

And I thought the old ladies were bad drivers. When someone passes you in the emergency lane you have to figure something is going on. You need a first mate, a skank ho like Doozie would do.

22:33  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I pride myself on being a curmudgeon, which is simply a nice way of saying asshole. But sometimes I too end up eating crow.
The Seven Deadly Sins quiz couldn't have come along at a better time. I simply could not think of a post for the Hub to save my worthless curmudgeon life!

23:15  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - I only brought 6 beers for a crew of two people. So I had three beers over a three hour period. I just forgot. The flags are a new thing, as is the t-top and the 8 foot antenna. Before all I had to do was tie down the Bimini top. Well that is gone now. I need a better checklist.

M@ - you have a kayak. That is sort of like towing something.

Krok - having a better crew would be nice. But what I really need is a better checklist. And to pay more attention to what is going on. People pass me on the breakdown lane ALL THE TIME. Drivers in Miami are mostly assholes.

CM - the quiz is great. My results were very accurate.

00:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home