This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Regatta Party Photos

FOX UPDATE!!!

As you may know, a few days ago I spotted some strange looking animals in the neighborhood. I suspect that they were fox. This is strange because there is no real fox habitat anywhere near here, nor has there been for a long time.

Anyhow - there have been no further sightings of whatever it was I saw. Were there fox? Who knows. It is possible, but I lack any hard evidence to prove or disprove my hypothesis. So for now the hypothesis stands.

And now.....COLUMBUS DAY PHOTOS!!!

All the photos may be found HERE. File names ending in "a" are the resized versions, and less than 125k in size (photo1a.jpg, photo2a.jpg, and so on). All other photos are closer to three megs in size.

Here are some of the photos I selected for publication!

A visit from the US Coast Guard.


Random people getting drunk and having fun on some overloaded boats.

Strange shit found floating in the bay. Nobody was swimming anywhere near this object. My guess it that it was tossed overboard for creating an offensive stench.


There were a good many boats out, but less than last year.


Another shot of some of the madness.


Got into a little bit of a water fight. Good thing the camera is waterproof.


And finally, the boat that I was tied up to. The little tiny blue boat in the picture is a 21 foot Contender, and was my ride out to the party. It is not my boat, it belongs to a friend.


Well that is about all!! It was a pretty good time.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man, some of those boats were way overloaded. Did the coast guard bust them for it?

Did any sinK?

Looks like a lotta fun Lazy..I AM VERY JEALOUS!

10:28  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol...photo 12a has an interesting phallic symbol waving in the wind. woot! :)

10:30  
Blogger M@ said...

Happy Columbus Day!

20:11  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

We can smell skunks most nights. But all we ever see is roadkill. It might not be good to run up on a live one anyway.

17:31  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - not at anchor. I would imagine some boats were stopped while underway for being overloaded.

m@ - any excuse for a party is a good excuse for a party. This is how the event began.

Fuzz - no skunks spotted. I have seen possum however. Ugly critters! But harmless. So I do not tell the neighbors about them. Let the possum be. If I confirm the fox sighting, or see something strange strange, Ill borrow a live trap, catch them, and relocate them to a more fox friendly place. Like Everglades National Park. That is a good place for some fox.

05:03  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Them possums ain't so harmless to chickens. I've shot a few in the chicken coop before.

20:55  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

My grandfather used to be a chicken farmer. Actually an egg farmer. He had to keep the chickens in a double wall cage to keep the possums out.

But since I do not keep chickens, and nobody anywhere near here keeps chickens, the possums are harmless. Ugly, but harmless.

04:16  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

That strange object looks eerily like one of those porta potties that people take along in their campers. I wouldn't want to swim near it either!

05:36  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

It is a porta potty. And it had been used. Someone dropped an atomic splatter shit in it. I would have thrown it overboard too.

05:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home