This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Weekend Update

Time for another weekend update! And what a weekend it was. Three days, three trips north of the border.

No - not to Canada. To Broward County. Kind of the same thing right now - there are A LOT of snowbirds this time of year.

Sunday was Tour De Bar. But since I am an idiot I forgot my camera. But really there was not much to photograph. Just bars. There were a number of stops on the tour. Here is what I remember.

STOP 1 - Bonefish Mac's. DAMAGE - one pint of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap

STOP 2 - Galuppi's. A patio bar at a golf course. DAMAGE - three Sam Adams on tap.

INCIDENT!! Leaving Galuppi's I think I fell off the bike or something. I have fancy pedals and special bike shoes that clip onto the pedals. The cool thing - pedaling is easier as my feet are always in the "power stroke" position. Also your feet never slip off the pedals. The bad thing - if you start to fall over you better be able to get your feet out QUICK! I hit some soft sand. I was going slow. My left foot was unclipped, as I was getting ready to stop. But I fell to the right. My knee still hurts a little. Walking is fun. And I did not even hit that hard! No blood loss or anything! What the fuck???

STOP 3 - Bru's Room. Lunch stop. I had a sandwich of some sort. And more beer. Two more Sam Adams??? Whatever.

INCIDENT - Before stop 4 the tour had to cross over the intracoastal waterway! This was cool. I got to ride over a draw bridge. Going uphill sucks - going downhill is fun. Something about "gravity" comes into play. The uphill part was short - and I have some really low gears so it was fine.

STOP 4 - The Briny Pub, and "Irish" bar on A1A close to the beach. DAMAGE - One draft Guinness Extra Stout. Yummy.

INCIDENT - Somewhere after leaving Briny and before the last stop, I seemed to have LOST the shackle to my bicycle U lock. This sucks. It was a good one. I had to get a replacement lock - for $35. Also there was another trip over a different draw bridge!

STOP 5 - The Buccaneer. A proper dive bar for drinkers only. Do not expect food - there is none. There is no kitchen. There is just a rack of chips bags. And I also saw Ritz crackers with Cheese-Wiz. That was it. DAMAGE - one Sam Adams on tap and at least two Jager Bombs. That is Jagermeister and Red Bull.

STOP 6 - someone's house. I have no idea whose house it was. But it made for a good place to crash. There was a Super Bowl party going on so there was some sandwich platters and chips and whatnot laying around. A good place to recover from the tour and chill before going home.

And that was it. It was a good time. A intoxicated ride through the backroads of Pompano Beach, bar hopping via bicycle. It was even more fun that not all the bars knew that they were a stop on the tour. A bunch of crazy people on bikes just descended on hapless establishments all at once. Demanding drinks.

It was well worth the drive, and something I hope to take part in next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

This "Tour De Bar" thing sounds dangerous. At least you had good beer. Those toe clips might not be a good idea if one has been drinking. I used to forget to put my feet down at stoplights if I had been drinking on my motorcycle. Of course I don't do that sort of thing anymore.

17:35  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - I am already terrified of a motorcycle. Down here they are just not a good idea. Drivers are bad, and traffic is horrible. The bike tour had at least 50 bikes in it, so that made it "safer". I did slow down my drinking a lot after stop 3. The clips I have require special shoes and pedals. I think they are "clipless". There is no cage around the pedals that any shoe can slip into.

17:57  
Blogger Unknown said...

My brother once tried to teach me to ride a motorcycle. I nearly killed both of us. He declared me hopeless. But I am not exactly grace on wheels on a bicycle either. I probably would have killed myself biking drunk!
You should make a Facebook profile. Yeah, it's one more thing. But it's actually pretty easy and I think that a lot of people have migrated there. Hence the lack of commentors on blogger.
I never did understand those people who got 100 plus commentors though. I mean seriously--how the hell do you do that?? Non-famous people, I mean.

11:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home