This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Awake

I had almost forgot to post something. You see, most of the time my posts are VERY early in the morning. Or maybe it is very late at night? I guess it depends on how you look at it.

You can tell something about my schedule by the post times. When you see a time a few minutes after midnight, it means I made the post at 10 or 11 PM and then changed the time so that it shows up for the next day. Otherwise, the time is when I started to create the post.

Sometimes the post time is in the afternoon. This happens when for whatever reason I do not post before 4 AM. In this case the next day I have either nothing to do, or something to do. If there is nothing to do I sleep late. REALLY late. If there is something to do, then I get up and do it. Either way, I post in the mid to late afternoon.

So what does all this bullshit have to do with anything? Well today I WAS sleeping. And I had not posted. So the little gray kitten decided to warn me by attacking my face. Little kitten teeth chomping on your nose is the best alarm clock ever. There is no snooze button. You push the cat away and 20 seconds later he is back.

So I am up now. I might as well turn on the TV and get a beer now. Cause at this point I had about 5 hours of sleep. I will probably not get right back to sleep. Not with Skipper here thinking that is play time and human body parts are toys. Knowing me, and not having anything of major importance to do today, I will probably go back to sleep in an hour or two. Lets say I go back to sleep at 6 AM. I will not get back up till 2 PM.

Right back to a night schedule. If I had something to do then I could just set the cell phone alarm clock and be done with it. But if I know I have nothing to do, then I just turn off the alarm. You can not fool yourself. If I had something to do then no problem. The alarm would go off and I would wake up and say many foul words and then go off to do whatever it is that I have to do. But I don't.

Barry is gone. It hit Tampa Bay. This is south of the center line from the map yesterday. My prediction that the cone would shift south and that landfall would not be that far north was correct. The storm was weak, making landfall as a tropical storm but quickly going to a tropical depression. Parts of the State that was very dry got rain. More rain is needed however. A lot more rain. The big lake water level only went up .01 feet, but this figure will increase as drainage from the rains makes its way south to the lake.

Next week the winds will go away (FINALLY) and the seas will be calm again. So I can try to go fishing for some of them dolphin. But I will probably not catch any of the bastards. One of these days I will, but it will not be due to any kind of fishing skill.

I also found the rail mounts for the new boat BBQ grill. So I am all set for summer boat season. No more cold cut sandwiches or having to find a dockside restaurant for lunch! Now I can cook my own cheeseburger. Or whatever.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I see Skipper is learning his job well!

11:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many cats own you now?

Thanks for the posting explaination. I just figured you posted according to your work schedule. It is sporadic but at least you do something everyday. If you don't, we can count on you being near death or something. Steady Eddy they call you.

I have a top secret way to keep stainless steel shiney and bright. And it does not involve expensive stainless steel cleaner. This secret is highly guarded in the cleaning community

12:41  
Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

It's raining in NC now. We need the rain too. Although my lilies continue to thrive even in the dry weather.

I had a job where I worked nights once. I decided I didn't like it.

I like that grill idea I'm going to look into getting one.

14:27  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - Skipper is lucky he is still little. I have to start the cat training soon. No nose attacking at 3 AM is the first rule.

Ba Doozie - 5 cats live here now. One does not really like me very much, one hates all the other cats, Fat Fred only hates me if I try to move him or pick him up, Cleo and the new cat like me. So I have 2 cats, and the other three just sort of live here and I feed them.

I have a way to keep stainless steel clean too. It involves A LOT of fresh water after I get it near salt water.

Actionbell - you know, I *COULD* mail you a bottle. Nobody would know. The 120 minute IPA is not for everyone. One full bottle is actually a lot - it would be better to split it. And drink it from a red wine glass. I have had many barley wines, some sweet some bitter. They are all good - but the super sweet stuff is not really for me.

Krokodile - I like the night shift really. It suits me well. All boaters need a stainless steel grill. I recommend the Magma grills. They are really great.

16:35  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

So this sprinkle is named Barry. I've been ignoring the "news" and didn't realize he was coming.
Did the rain put out the fires ?

19:42  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - I do not know. The fires pretty much stayed away from me. I quit hearing about them and the smoke quit blowing in. But I think the fires were mostly under control before the rain with a name.

20:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh huh huh--you have music by Ween on your page! That rules!

21:59  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Sorry, Beavis and Butthead got to the computer before I could stop them. I don't like them touching my computer. I know what they use it for.
It's actually good that the storm didn't amount to much. I guess it was the little storm that couldn't.
I've never had a cat attack my nose. But the day that I decided my siamese cat HAD to be neutered was the day that I woke up to discover him humping my arm!

22:01  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Cornholio - Ween makes some decent Iguana Music.

CM - FL needed the rain, so nobody can complain. In fact we need more rain. Three or four more SLOW MOVING tropical depressions would be nice. The big lake needs to be filled back up.

00:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home