This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stuffed

I discovered a new place to get food today. Kraut food. The place is called "Heidi's". I had a dinner sampler plate, which came with some sort of sausage, a cut of pork, a cut of marinated roast beef, chicken schnitzel, sauerkraut, boiled red cabbage, mashed potatoes, cucumber salad, and a small side of apple sauce.

A lot of food. But it was good. Even the cabbage. Somehow, I managed to eat it all. AND because I am a champ I also downed a liter of German beer. After dinner I also had a shot of this "Underberg" herb bitters. It tasted and smelled kind of like Jagermeister. The taste and smell was stronger however.

I was waddling out of the place like a fat man out of an all you can eat buffet. I was so stuffed I thought I might blow chunks all over the parking lot. But Ill tell you what - the herb bitters said "to aid in digestion" and it did! After the shot I felt better. I was able to stand up and walk without spraying schnitzel all over the place.

So now I know where to go for good German beer. They have a small bar. But their hours of operation kind of suck. Not very beer drinking friendly. They close too early. But the food is good. The place is less of a bar and more of a place to stuff your face with meat products. And Black Forest Cake. Oh yea, they also have a cuckoo clock. From the Black Forest maybe? Who knows.

And while eating it, I came up with some thoughts. How in the hell do Germans live past age 40 eating NOTHING but beef, pork, sausage, and schnitzel? Really. A vegetarian would starve in Germany. I do not think one can live on apple sauce, cucumbers, sauerkraut, and cabbage. I think I have eaten enough for the next 24 hours. That was one monster plate. I am still amazed I was able to stuff it all down.

I got all my Netflix movies in the mail. I should get two more sometime today, and another one Tuesday. Ill update the movie box things later.

Skipper is starting to be a pain in the ass. He has discovered that he can get on top of things and knock stuff off. I have to be less lazy and remove the empty cans of seltzer water to the recycling bin and not just leave them on shelves for removal later.

The bigger cats do not want to play with Skipper. They hate Skipper. Cleo will play with Skipper for short periods of time - sometimes. But not enough. So he has to find stuff to play with. Like the coin sorter he just knocked over. He likes to play "destroy all humans" too. He likes to go for feet, arms, and my face/neck.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

Man I can relate to eating until puking. I did Mexican last night.

The Tarpon are biting in Tampa Bay. I was riding my bike on the sunshine skyway and if you looked down from the smaller approach bridges you could see hundreds of Tarpon easily 5-6 feet long. It was very cool.

14:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, the window of opportunity is closing on getting rid of skippler. You better just resign yourself to the long haul. I might suggest you administer some ADHD meds to him.


as for the food thing, that actually sounds really yummy. I would not stuff myself, digestion aid or not because that makes me really miserable with GERD for weeks. I would eat half and save the rest. I want to go there!

23:55  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Actionbell - I am not a huge fan of the German style beers. They are good, I would never disparage German beer. but I prefer a good IPA over a weiss, dunkel, or bock beer. I just like the ales. I was very sorry to heat about Chatham.

Krokodil - I have never fished for tarpon. I see them running too. They seem to love bridge channels. They REALLY like them at peak tides when the current is the strongest.

Ba Doozie - Skipper lives here. Everyone has just accepted that. The other cats hardly even hiss at him anymore. He likes to sleep next to me or on me. He is very nice. The German food place was good. I liked it. I thought about eating just half, but it was good and I could not resist. And I was hungry. Really, I think it was the second 1/2 liter of beer that almost killed me. One beer was probably enough. If you connect through Miami on your way to The Bahamas on American Eagle or Continental Connections / Gulfstream or Bahamas Air try to plan a one day layover here. Ill let you in on where the place is. It is not too far from the airport. Right down Red Road just a few miles.

03:35  
Blogger Michael said...

Wow, that food sounds good.
My wife made her sweet n' sour meatballs for lunch yesterday. I must have eaten more than half a kilo of them...

03:59  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I ate like a German tonight. Or maybe it was a Pole. I had a Polish sausage, roasted potato and vegetable blend, roast corn, and Summer Dream ice cream (vanilla ice cream with orange sherbet) with strawberries for dessert. Hell yeah!

02:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home