This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, June 04, 2007

My Beer Is Alive, With The Sound Of Fizzing. And Yeast If It Is Unfiltered.

DOE RE MI BEER
by Homer J. Simpson


DOUGH... the stuff...that buys me beer...
RAY..... the guy that sells me beer...
ME...... the guy... who drinks the beer,
FAR..... the distance to my beer
SO...... I think I'll have a beer...
LA...... La la la la la la beer
TEA..... no thanks, I'm drinking beer...
That will bring us back to...



Empty Beer Mug


D'OH!!!!

So I found some new summer drinks. Now stay with me here, things are about to get a bit strange. But trust me. I would never steer anyone wrong.

1. Beer Lemonade. What you need for this highly refreshing summer drink is beer, and some lemonade. Cheap beer works best. I used Yuengling. This is a classic American Lager. It works pretty good for this. Anyway pour roughly half the beer in a pint glass, and then add a 4 or 5 ounces of lemonade. It is actually pretty good. The lemonade goes very well with the Yuengling. You can try your favorite American Lager with lemonade.

Now for the strangest thing. But once again, it is better than it sounds like it is going to be.

2. Red wine and Coca-Cola on the rocks. For this you need a collins style glass (12 ounce tumbler is fine), ice, cheap not so good red wine, and Coca-Cola. Fill the glass with ice. pour the wine in till the glass is half full (does not take that much wine, the ice takes up a lot of room) and then fill with Coca-Cola. Poke the ice cubes with a fork or your finger or whatever is handy to mix the wine and soda.

Really. It is good! Kind of like a wine cooler but not really thing. You do not want to use good wine here. You want to use an OK wine. Or even a slightly bad wine. Leave a bottle open too long? Wine oxidized? No problem! Bust out the ice and soda! Problem solved. As long as the wine is not vinegar.

It makes for a light, refreshing, different sort of summer drink. And be careful - you CAN get tossed.

Apparently, this is more common in Europe than here in the USA. Really. Try it and see for yourself. If you want.

The beer lemonade thing might be great for the boat. It really slows down your consumption rate. But it would require me to bring cups on board, and that is a pain in the ass. So I may not do it.

I am out of Goldfish crackers. Crap.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sell goldfish crackers in a 50 gallon drum on the world wide web. Do you like Mikes Hard Lemonade?

13:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of crappy red wine and Fresca on the rocks. Sprite or 7Up works in a pinch but Fresca is better. I usually buy one of those Franzia reds in a box and use it for this purpose. Good Stuff!

13:37  
Blogger Jenn said...

What Old Milwaukie doesn't fit the Cheap Beer list anymore?

I loved your song. I think I'll teach it to my Bible study kids.

16:20  
Blogger Jenn said...

PS. Mikes is one of my favorite. So is Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joes.

16:21  
Blogger Jenn said...

I think you would like this site called mybloglog.com

They provide bling and tracking for your blog. I'm thinking you need some blog bling....

18:54  
Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy.

I loved the Sound of Music.

I don't drink, I'm not sure why I don't drink but I don't.

I like the rainbow goldfish, they're so pretty.

20:15  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - a 55 gallon barrel of Goldfish Crackers would kill me, as I would try to eat them all. And I do not always want the same flavor. So I will just have to keep buying them by the bag. Mikes Hard Lemonade is not really my style. It is OK though. The cheap beer / lemonade is better.

Emma - Old Millwater is indeed cheap. It would probably go well with lemonade too. You should teach the Homer Simpson beer song to your Sunday School class. It is a good song. I will look into more blog bling.

Actionbell - you should try a beer lemonade. Take your favorite light ale or lager and put some lemonade in it. You might be surprised. The red wine and coke on ice is better than I expected too. My research department indicates that this not uncommon in some parts of Spain. Think about the beer exchange program. I can get some shit here in FL that is probably illegal or just hard to find up north.

Krokodil - Drinking is not for everyone. But neither is rock climbing. You should never drink and dune buggy, this is probably why you are dry.

22:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely song! very soothing to my soul. I have it on my alarm clock now, to wake up to. golden....you know what is funny? she didn't even notice the REAL problems that I caused or rather the cats caused. They ripped up the weather stripping on the exterior doors, so I just tore it off and threw it away, it was completely missing! and there was one with a big chunk out of it which she didn't see, or the big dog nose mark on the window, or the chips out of the doors where I tried to pick the lock and then touched it up with nail polish. lets hope she doesn't read your blog...you never know

03:38  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Never tried Yuengling--never even heard of it till now! Sounds kinda like the sound heard in the bathroom of a Swedish pub at 2 AM after a hard night of drinking! Skol!

01:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuengling is good. was suprised when i saw it was american. expected it to be asian.

that beer lemonade thing sounds interesting. so does soda wine. got a cheapo bottle sitting here perfect for the occaision.

21:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home