This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Birthday To France.


Today, a long time ago, a bunch of pissed off French People stormed a royal prison / arsenal called The Bastille. You see the King at the time was a total douche. So the people said "Yo King Douche, you have to go. NOW! Do not let the door hit your royal ass on the way out". And so it was. The Republic of France was born. The King was out. The King went crazy and ended up loosing his head over the whole mess.

So now this day is known as "Bastille Day". The French call it "National Holiday". Of course they say it in French. So if you are French, happy Bastille Day! Or FĂȘte Nationale! By the way, thanks for the cool statue. It looks good in New York.

So how do I know all this stuff? Wikipedia. Also I have to go to a Bastille Day party. There will be wine and food and it is all free. It is going to be terrible. Horrible. But I will survive. I will just have to drink the free wine and eat the free food and suffer through it all. It is a rough life, but someone has to live it. I am going to consume all that great free French wine so you do not have to. See what a great guy I am? I should get a friggin medal. Really. The sacrifices I am willing to make are amazing.

I am also going to get two more movies today. From my "holy crap I have not seen that in ages" list there is "The Black Hole". And from the "Ill give it a shot but I am not really expecting that much from it" list there is "City Of Ghosts".

I watched Lolita. It was "scandalous" by the standards of the day it was filmed in. The director was very limited in what he could show. The book was actually a lot more detailed. In the novel, Lolita was 9 years old. In the film she is 14. But still, it is creepy in its concept. It is considered a classic but I had a hard time getting into it. But it is well made. 2 tail whips. But it gets a bonus tail whip for being a classic.

Got to take pollution investigation training in the morning. So that means I get to be up at some unholy hour of the morning to drive to the sea port and learn how to look for pollution. I am sure I can find some. I plan to bring a quart or two of old motor oil with me so if I do not see any pollution I can dump the oil then say "look at what I found! POLLUTION! I found it, so it is mine! Go find your own pollution!". Or something like that.

I have to wake up in 4 1/2 hours. It is going to be one of those days.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

I wondered what Bastille Day was, thanks. I didn't know there were French people in Miami either, that's weird.

One of the advantages of having clay is if you dump your oil while it's raining it will flow on to someone elses property.

09:28  
Blogger Daisy said...

Happy Bastille Day!

16:46  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Krok - there are not many French people in Miami, but the ones that are here are cool.

Daisy - the food was good. As usual. And the wine was great. Flown in directly from France. I tried to drink it all but they just kept busting out case after case after case. I tried my best, but in the end I failed.

00:04  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Great picture of the Eiffel Tower!
I would enjoy some French cuisine about now.

06:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home