This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Reviews and Mystery Boat Part

Time for more MOVIE REVIEWS!

1. Red Eye. Someone told me it was good. That person is a moron. It sucks. Big time. 0 tail whips. It was worse than Flight Plan. And that movie was a festering stinking turd.

2. Dr. Strangelove. Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb. I had actually never seen this film before. This is a Kubrick film. One of his early attempts at directing. The film starts off with a message from the USAF stating that there are safeguards in place to prevent the events in the film from happening. So you know it is going to be good. This is a wonderful piece of cold war dark humor. A general goes crazy and orders SAC to bomb Russia. Of course nobody authorized it. So now everyone has to figure out how to recall the bombers before they nuke something. One bomber fails to get the recall message and is not shot down. OOPS! That is the dark part. The humor part is scattered through the film. 4 tail whips. Really good movie. Most, if not all of Stanley Kubrick's movies were good.

3. 28 Days Later. I actually saw this one in the theater. But being a dumb ass I walked out as the credits were rolling. And then later I find out that there was an alternate ending after the credits! Well that sucks ass. So I either had to sneak in to catch the alternate ending OR wait for the movie to be out on DVD. So I waited. It is another take on the zombie movie. Except these zombies are not undead. They are infected with rage. They are REALLY pissed off. And these are not your usual slow, lumbering zombies. These zombies can run and climb and stuff. Any how some people are not infected. And they have to keep it that way. While the infected pissed off zombies are after them. Pretty good for a zombie movie. Not as excellent as Shaun Of The Dead however. 28 Days Later tries to be a "serious" zombie movie, Shaun Of The Dead was more of a comedy/zombie movie. All in all, I give this "serious" zombie movie 3 tail whips. If you like zombies, you will probably dig 28 days later. 28 Weeks Later is also on my list.

And now for the mystery boat part! I have this water separating fuel filter on my boat. It separates the water from the gas. It is a simple device. The fuel goes in one side of the filter. The water sinks to the bottom. Then the fuel can flow on to the engine. There is a filter element in there too that attempts to remove any particles that could be in the gas. All in all very simple.

I just need to know who makes it. My internet searches have turned up zilch. So if you know who makes this filter, let me know! It seems to be made out of 100% marine brass. It was probably not cheap.


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL...who makes it from a picture? You boating folks are strange :P

I love Dr. Strangelove..you had never seen it previously?

My new favorite is V for Vendetta..its on HBO and I have watched it 3 times lately..sick huh?

04:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pass on the zombie movies. I'm pretty sure the filter is made by mattel. Please don't whip me with your tail

10:14  
Blogger TLP said...

I don't know jack about boats.

11:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

28 days alternate ending? I just sent it back to netflix, crap! Guess it will need to be put back in my queue. What I liked about 28 days is that the zombies can be killed. Having to kill the same thing 10 times gets old and is way overdone by Hollywood.

14:24  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - The fuel filter is an old Perko 299. It is discontinued, but I can still get replacement filter elements for it. I will probably replace it with a Racor soon. Dr. Strangelove was a good movie. I had not seen it before.

Doozie - Zombie movies are hit or miss. You would probably like the humor in Shaun Of The Dead.

TLP - boats are complicated.

Miazombie - the alternate endings were not that great. In one the "hero" guy croaks. In another ending the girl and the woman are in the farmhouse thing sewing the sign. The jet flies over and the dude is not there. Probably because he croaks but they never show that. The "radical" ending involves them finding a cure to the rage. They have to do a total blood transfusion. The girls father gets infected and Jim uses his blood to uninfect the father. So in all the alternate endings dude dies. There. Now you do not have to re-rent the movie.

16:23  
Blogger Herr Krokodil said...

The Lazy,

I would check with your Mercury dealer, he should know.

I only watch funny movies or XXX movies.

22:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say something really profound but I started to type and all that is coming out is dribble. Sometimes I think that the doctors were right about me

22:27  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Krok - this is not a Mercury part. I posted a photo of the filter on another boat forum and got an answer. The boat forum is great - someone on it will be able to answer whatever question you may have. I saw the Spice Girls movie and was disappointed that there were no boob shots.

Doozie - all I post here is dribble. Do not feel too bad.

23:39  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I need to re-watch Dr. Strangelove and I still need to see 28 Days After. By the time I get around to watching most movies I'm thinking of watching, I'll probably be a zombie.
I was personally glad that there were no boob shots in the Spice Girls movie, thank you very much!

03:37  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Boob shots are a great way to make a bad, boring movie better.

17:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home