This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Got More Stuff Done

Tomorrow is the boat parade thing. I guess I have everything ready.

So Sunday there will be....WINTERFEST BOAT PARADE PHOTOS! Hooray. Now this is not just any old boat parade. OH NO! This is a boat parade for people with huge ass boats that want to show off and get on TV. Yes there are some crazy people in non-motorized boats. This means kayaks and canoes and shit - because the waterway that the parade is on is not wide enough to allow a sailboat under sail to navigate. There will also be small motor boats. I could have had my boat in the parade. but then I would need to put lights and shit on it and that is just not going to happen. 120 volts in a small open boat is just asking for electrocution. The power inverter would probably trip before I died, but I would still get a nasty zap. Plus I am too lazy to put lights and shit on my boat. Screw that.

But there will be photos of large boats all decked out with lights and other crap. IF it does not rain. Which it may. There is a front on the way down. So when it pushes through, it may get a little wet. The greatest chance of rain will be after 10 PM Saturday. Hopefully I will be out of the water by then. Driving home in the rain will be better than being in the boat in the rain, or trying to get the boat back on the trailer in the rain. I have done the whole get the boat back on the trailer in the rain thing before and it sucks.

And here, once again, is the boat. On the trailer. At night. You may notice that the red navigation light is on. The red light is shown on the port side of the boat. This is easy to remember, as port wine is red. Front navigation lights are red or green. If I see a boat's red light, that means the other boat sees my green light. The other boat is the "stand on" vessel and I am the "give way" vessel. This is easy to remember because red lights means stop. Green means go. In the daytime I just have to know that a boat approaching from my starboard side is the stand on vessel and I should give way, and boats approaching from the port side are the give way vessel and I should maintain my course and speed.
But a lot of people have no idea what the hell the lights mean. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother checking to see if they still work.

In other news, I got a very nice Christmas card in the mail Thursday. Something about a contest I won. Anyhow it was very nice and I already know what I am going to get with the gift card.

I will get a USB XD card reader so I do not have to hook the camera up to the computer to get photos off the card anymore! Sweet.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger M@ said...

Well, I just own two kayaks but at least I'm the captain.

10:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun, and the pics will be cool. I own zero boats and what not. I got really fired off last night and jumped off the balcony. At least thats how my knees and ankles feel. I might never know what happened

11:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a secret message for (ex)lb on the last post, I hope he reads this

11:22  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

M@ - you can make your own catamaran! Just get some wood planks and lash then to the kayaks. Then attach some canvas to the planks, and there you go! Instant catamaran. Now just add a sail and a tiller and you are set. You now own two kayaks AND a sailboat. Just not at the same time.

Doozie - I think I may know who (ex)lb is now. I just had a flash of revelation. Leave all the secret messages you want.

14:03  
Blogger Avery Gray said...

Hmmm... Maybe you have a secret admirer! ;o)

Boat looks great! Have fun and stay safe out there.

21:39  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

That Port Wine trick may help out.

19:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dooz...better late than never. i'm getting my act together and will be in touch shortly.

(lazy, sorry for the rampant hi-jacking of your wonderful site!)

15:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Avery - not exactly. Just some cross traffic. No big deal.

Fuzz - it helps remember which light goes where.

(ex) lb - no big deal. I post message comments to other blogs.

04:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home