This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady Sings

And that fat lady has a name. Olga. I really hate to say this because I do not know who reads this blog and I once knew a hot chick who was named Olga, but to me Olga is a "fat" name.

But in this case, Olga is not a person. Olga is a "thing".

Yes, another December Tropical Storm. It has a 10% chance of being a hurricane in 72 hours. But most likely it will dissipate, or remain a tropical storm. The water is warm enough for development, but the air currents are not favorable for this to happen.

But not to worry! There is no evidence at all of climate change. Al Gore made it all up. The climate scientists are in on the scam too, getting all sorts of kickbacks from the clean energy industry.

OH WAIT! There is no real "clean energy" industry, and therefore no kickbacks. Never mind that.

The storm will remain to the south. It will not deviate greatly from the forecast path. At least I do not think it will. The air currents are just not going to let it go north. A high pressure front is sweeping into Florida. Ahhhh....nice cool air. Got to love it.

But it is all and well that it will remain south. See the boat parade thing is supposedly not canceled because of weather. And it would totally SUCK to have to be on my open boat for that.

More good news is that the thing will probably loose strength, so it has done its worst already. But it went over the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Haiti is dirt poor, and the Dominican Republic is not exactly a wealthy nation either. I am sure that even just the minimal tropical storm conditions messed some people up. And there is no FEMA in Haiti - for better or worse. But when it gets to Mexico, it will just be crappy weather. Nothing too bad, except for some rain.
Some people that read this blog from the frozen north who may or may not have planned a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale should be happy that Olga did not show up around the time that some big boat is scheduled to set sail with them on board.

Last hurricane season saw the Greek alphabet used. There was even a late season "sub tropical" named storm (sub tropical storms have a "cold core", whatever the hell that means).

This season saw a named storm early - before the season was supposed to begin (another of those "cold core" sub tropical storms). The rest of the season was fairly normal - actually slightly above normal, but well within previous observations. There is strong evidence that active hurricane seasons run in cycles. There were 2 major (cat 5) storms. The ACE (accumulated cyclone energy) index however was well below predictions. The storms that did form were weak and mostly short lived. Even with the two category 5 storms, the ACE index was low.

But screwy stuff is going on. And Olga is your proof. In two years, this is the third named storm formed in the tropics OUT of hurricane season.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Good luck, hope Olga doesn't impact you too much.

08:51  
Blogger M@ said...

I know what you mean. Lately, I've been seeing lots of hot chicks named "Gretchen."

You must be a salty dog to be so concerned about the weather.

12:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel really itchy today, do you think it's related to the storm? I also feel fat. I needed to complain about that somewhere so there you go.

15:38  
Blogger Avery Gray said...

Stay safe! Wear your raincoat.

15:49  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

AP3 - Olga will have no effect on me at all. But someone is going to get a whole lot of rain. It looks like it is going to end up in the gulf. If it does end up in the Gulf Of Mexico it will have to hit someone, but it will also weaken.

M@ - Gretchen is definitely a fat chick name. That is strange that you have found lots of hot chicks with that name. I can understand one, but "lots"?? You should try to hook up with one (or more) of them.

Doozie - there is an way to tell if you are fat. Stand up. Now look down. Can you see your feet? If so, then you are probably not fat.

Avery - I usually always carry foul weather gear on the boat.

18:09  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I'm fat but I only power-slam people who deserve it.
Honestly, I used to think that being fat was akin to death and only real pigs and losers were fat. Now, I won't say that my eating habits are anything close to perfect. However, I have a metric ton of other factors working against me. Like hypothyroidism and polycystic ovarian syndrome. Two ways to gain weight easily but being able to lose it is far from it.
But I can still see my feet. Does this mean that I'm actually thin and don't know it?
I've learned that being fat isn't the end of the world. I'm reasonably active, I have all the necessary working parts. The older a body gets the more a person (hopefully) learns that this is a lot more important than how it looks. Think about these celebrities who get a ton of plastic surgery and end up not even looking human any more. Better to accept reality and to take an air bath like decidedly chubby Ben Franklin. It's better than ending up looking like The Thing That Came From Outer Space.

06:29  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Damn--I hope that didn't come off that I was ripping on you.
Or that I'm prejudiced against things from outer space.
I was just ruminating.
Something which I may in truth do a bit too much of. I'd be thinner and have more peace of mind if I ruminated a lot less! ;-p

06:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home