This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Update WITHOUT Dennis Miller

Time for a weekend update! I had a lot of stuff to do. I was going to get the boat ready for the Winterfest boat parade control boat thing. I was going to wax the hull (I expect to get a ring of two cycle oil on the boat, the wax makes it easier to clean), weld together an orange flashing light holder thing, affix the banners, install a second (temporary) radio, find my extra anchor (I need a stern anchor), make up some more lines, and check my navigation lights to see if they still work.

I got none of that stuff done. But I did make a spy mission to Broward! I am going to launch from the 15th Street Boat Basin. There are only two ramps there, but they are good deep water ramps. Not a lot of parking spaces there either.

Broward County has the shittiest boat ramps I have ever seen. Truly shitty ramps. I am glad I made the spy mission, the park I had picked has TERRIBLE ramps. The ramps are not steep enough and do not get into deep enough water for me to float the boat off without getting the truck wet. I want to avoid dunking the truck into the water. Trucks hate salt water. The 15th Street Boat Basin has steeper ramps, in better condition, that drop off into deeper water than the other place I was going to use.

I also....got a new digital camera! Yes Christmas came early. I now have an Olympus Stylus 790 SW. The SW stands for "shockproof" and "waterproof". This little 7.1 megapixel camera is waterproof to 10 feet for 1 hour. Perfect for boat use. My other Sony camera has a better lens and takes better photos (even if it is only 5 megapixels - megapixels really do not mean very much to be honest - it is all about the optics) - but the Sony is about as waterproof as a towel. One drop in the right place and it is done. I can jump in the water with this Olympus. And it is small (unlike the Sony) so I can carry it around easier. I plan to get the waterproof housing for the thing later. The housing is waterproof to 160 feet. Right now I can use the camera snorkeling but with the housing I can take it diving.

This is a photo of Skipper taken with the new camera. Skipper is on top of Max The Lizard's temporary winter house (a 55 gallon Aquarium). You can see the lizard "heat lamps" in the background, along with some paper towels. Max is not in his inside cage, it is currently warm enough for him to chill in the backyard cage. He likes the backyard cage better than the indoor cage.

The full size photo of Skipper is a little over 3 megs. This is the full resolution of the camera. The photo seems slightly out of focus, but I have not really read the instructions yet. There may be a setting the thing has that takes sharper photos.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Blank said...

Skipper is so pretty!

08:44  
Blogger Daisy said...

Skipper sure is growing up!

12:03  
Blogger Avery Gray said...

I want a new camera so bad, but with Christmas and my son's birthday in January, there's not really room in the budget for a big expense like that. Maybe for my birthday.

Anywho, you're going to want to come to my blog, you winner you! ;o)

13:32  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Scarlet - Skipper is also a pain in the ass. He seems to think my food is his food, my drink is his drink, my hands are cat toys, and my face is something he can stick his butt into.

Daisy - he is still small for his age. He will never be a big gruff tom cat.

Avery - I knew you could not be a Republican.

13:56  
Blogger M@ said...

Taking care of #1.

15:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your camera is moving a little bit from your shaky hands from drinking beer? please don't hit me.

skipper has turned out to be a very pretty cat. aren't you glad you kept him?

19:34  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

M@ - always!

Doozie - the camera has an anti-shake function. Skipper is a good cat. He is more attached to me than any other cat. He likes to get on my shoulder. Skipper turned out to be a good addition to the zoo.

20:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

Why is it no one wants to spend money on boat ramps? It's very irritating indeed.

21:27  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Krok - Miami-Dade County has excellent boat ramps.

22:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

Omg..that is a beautiful Blue Cat Lazy! Skipper is one of the prettiest blues I have ever seen.

Congrats on your new camera, I hope you take lots of pics and put them for us to fawn over ;)

17:30  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - I have no idea why Skipper was dumped. He is the nicest little cat ever.

02:47  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

He's very regal looking. It's hard to believe the descriptions that lead one to think that perhaps he should have been named Loki when you're looking at that picture!

06:32  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Skipper likes his name. He also likes not being fat, unlike Fatso.

21:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home